Configure Tap button as 9th stomp switch?

I use the MIDI in for my clock and it would be great if we could configure the tap button as a ninth stomp switch.

Is this something that could be an option in the future? I’d still want to be able to hold the switch to access the tuner.

I’m surprised more people don’t think this could be helpful.

Yeah why not. Tap tempo is a bit useless for me as well. I would rather have option to press (not hold) it to access the tuner for example.

2 Likes

As long as it was a configurable option, I would vote for it. But sadly, I am maxed out on votes :wink:

Thanks. I’m always hoping suggestions like these are options that the user can turn off/on. No request is needed by everyone, but the more features the unit has, the better it is for everyone. AND, while a person may not need this request now, he or she might down the line if their rig changes up.

:slight_smile:

Bump for newcomers.

I voted on an alternative, pre-existing thread that suggested adding the option for the user to switch the tap/tuner footswitch functionality so that it’s press & hold for tap tempo & a regular press for tuner/mute. As that thread was first you might find that people don’t want to use their limited number of votes on duplicate threads with similar suggestions.

For me an easily accessible tuner/mute switch is a must but tap tempo is completely useless & never used. I wouldn’t want to forgo a tuner/mute switch for an extra assignable switch either - I think it’s good to have a tuner/mute switch in a fixed global position.

I did vote on your momentary switch request though as my earlier suggestion for it in the thread about hybrid mode seems to have been ignored by Neural (it appears as though they don’t read these threads after all & perhaps just takes note of the titles/vote-count). Fingers crossed for that one as; once hybrid mode has been added, the lack of a momentary switching option is the one thing holding the device back from perfect operation for my needs.

I think the fact that a lot of us are repeatedly requesting these same things regarding switching functionality & that multiple, duplicate feature requests are started regarding these topics shows that these are things that the vast majority of users require/will benefit from &; in my book, this kind of flexibility regarding general utility functions like switching is far more important at the moment than adding new sounds etc. (get the basic platform right first & then add things from there). Maybe not everyone will agree with that but fingers crossed they’re listening at least.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there any other threads similar to this? I would like to join that conversation as well. I control my tempos via an external MIDI clock, so I have no need for Tap Tempo. I wish Neural would allow for the tap button to access a block. It would be an incredibly useful addition. I’m probably 100+ shows on this awesome device, but there are little tweaks I wish it had.

https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/midi-out-configuration-of-tempo-switch-missing/8470

My wish since ages. :disappointed: