Can't open any standalone plugins

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed archetype nolly (14 day trial) on my surface pro tablet with no issues and it worked like a dream in standalone mode. I had no issues at all.
Today I am unable to open it at all! It just locks up and the icon sits on the task bar not responding.
I have tried everything I could find online including: Uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling. Uninstalling iLok and reinstalling. Running as admin.
I have tried all of these multiple times. I have restarted several times. I don’t have a DAW installed on this computer so I haven’t used the VST either. iLok seems to be fine and shows the active license. I have also tried installing Gojira and that behaves exactly the same. PC specs are fine. Using a scarlet 2i2 V2. Was flawless yesterday.
Any ideas? I was so impressed with this yesterday I was going to buy it today while it’s on sale.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Simon.

I would reach out to support@neurldsp.com and open a ticket to resolve as there might be multiple variables. Do any other plugins work?

1 Like

Hi MP_Mod,

I tried installing archetype Gojira and also Plini X; the same behaviour occurs with those as well. I can’t get my head around it.
Are these plugins normally stable in standalone mode? I was considering switching from my GT1000 to these plugins in a live environment but I’m a bit gun shy now.

Cheers, Simon.

I meant if any other non NDSP plugin works normally? Yes, the plugins are super stable and issues not working are usually due to llok accounts or related. Support will be able to assist you either way.

I ended up getting them working. I installed Gig Performer so I could try and open the VST’s. This was successful and after I activated them and closed them down the standalone versions started working again. I believe it was a windows 11 update that stopped it working. I checked the logs and one was installed overnight in-between it working and not working. But thankfully it is working now and I am seriously in love with these plugins! I purchased Nolly and Plini X.
Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Cheers, Simon.

1 Like

Glad you got it resolved and thanks for the update!