Can't get a good tone to save my life!

I think they hit the spot in the above posts. High gain is a bitch to handle (unless lead and sustain) but for tight rhythm chugging I would really recomend turning gain kinda to the point when your strumming lets you control the gain. When I am strumming my strings with my pickups (Lundgren m7) very light the gain is ac/dc like but when I dig in it gets pretty nasty in a good way :slight_smile: “less gain - more tone” and of course more control. When you record two tracks (L/R panned 100) and then REALLY important record a whales balls of a bass and throw that in the middle (panned 0) the magic happens. So it is said many times and it is nothing but the truth… “90% of the tone is in your hands” :metal:
… Keep up the good work, you are on the right path and getting there. When you hit those strings with the right controlled aggressiveness … its like a cool beer served in the depths of hell :wink:

FWIW I sold my Kemper for an Axe Fx2 Xl … sold the Axe and bought Parallax and Cali Suite and I am very happy with my purchase!! I’m still learning the little things, but this is what I made from it after owning it for 2 days… Guitars (LR) Cali Suite … Bass (C) Parallax