Can I report a few bugs on this plugin?

I see three problems with this particular plugin that I don’t see on the original amp.

1. Whenever you turn any knob too high it starts to make random clicky noises and it’s really annoying having to render it out and delete it for the final mix. I noticed this especially with the Detail knob.

2. Because only one overdrive pedal is available the tone ends up either being too narrow or too clean. I even tried Misha Mansoor’s preset only to run into several problems with it. Even with the mids boosted all the way it’s still very scooped and I have to turn the low knob all the way up just to start to get a half-decent tone. I already tried this with various impulse responses only to end up with the same results. The only silver lining is that there’s an EQ module on it so I was able to use that to just barely get the tone to sound wide enough. And just like any Neural DSP plugin there’s always that soft hiss on every output that’s really annoying and I often end up having to gate it.

3. There are also several bugs between the different tube options. The clicky noises come up more frequently when I use the EL34 option and the volume of the plugin drops significantly when I use the KT88 option.

Hi @WintermintP. Thank you for taking the time to report this.

I’m assuming the clicky noises you’re talking about also appear on the renders. If that’s the case, please send us some examples to support@neuraldsp.com. We haven’t received reports describing similar issues with this specific plugin, so your report would be really helpful.

Regarding the second point, I’m not sure if that’s a bug. It could be the way this plugin works in combination with your signal chain, but send us an audio clip of that as well just to be sure about it.

Thanks!

1 Like
  1. Yes they do appear on the renders. I’ll provide examples later today.

2. I’m not so sure… When Misha Mansoor did a livestream “rerecording p1” he seemed to have been using the Granophyre just fine, but this may have something to do with the fact that he’s using his passive Juggernauts while I’m running EMG 909X.

1 Like

Hi, on a topic unrelated to your original post, I was curious what Misha Mansoor preset you’re talking about? I haven’t seen any such thing so if you could upload the preset you’re talking about, I’d be very grateful. I’d love to try it out (big periphery fan, i already have some periphery style tones in Omega).
Thanks

Yea dude, I’m not so much a Periphery fan myself but I took a screenshot of Misha’s livestream and got all of the knob settings there. It’ll be titled “rerecording p1 but I hate it and I don’t want to do it” and if you can find it and sift through all of it you’ll eventually find the screenshot you’re looking for, but you’ll also need the Studio Cabs Zilla plugin from GGD.

1 Like

Alright! I’ll check it out.