Archetype: Plini Presets Thread

Here is a Fusion style lead tone i have been using. Mid Focused Lead 1.xml (4.8 KB)
I only use the middle amp, the rest is set stock.

It pairs well with coffee and some improv over this backing track:

5 Likes

trying these they sound great ,fab , thank you

these are dope! i use the crunch one a lot now. thanks!

1 Like

Hi Steven I would like to share a preset for Archetype Plini but unfortunately I can’t

Hi guys I share this preset with you … you can see the video on my youtube channel to hear how it sounds. good music at allnico lead a savior.xml (4.8 KB)

2 Likes

Here’s what I’ve been using on the Plini
Been using my prs custom 24 with suhr ssh+/ssv pickups and i love the results.

Main Squeeze.xml (5.0 KB)

3 Likes

But I’ve also loved using the ML Sound Labs Freeman V30 w/57 and Zilla H75 w/121 ir’s

1 Like

Some modern Periphery inspired tones. not too high gain

Juggernaut.xml (4.8 KB) Modern Mishap.xml (4.8 KB)

3 Likes

Does anyone have preset for classic rock or 80’s and 90’s rock era sound ?

1 Like

Both are amazing, specially Modern Mishap. Thank you!

1 Like

Here is some more tight modern metal presets. Including a lush, warm stereo (Pingpong delay on 0 time) cleanBig Lead.xml (4.9 KB) Ironcore.xml (4.9 KB) Modern Mishap.xml (4.9 KB) Stereo Clean.xml (4.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks a ton for these. I did a bit of modification and these are my current go to presets.

Dorado

2 Likes

Hi All
You probably know this, but i though it worth mention for clean/acoustic tone chasers. Try Plini’s experimental preset:
High Life (Acoustic)

some compression, clean amp, EQ with midds cut and highs boosted (interesting!), NO CAB(!), and full WET fast delay…
I highly recommend to try this preset and even try to turn the amp’s presence up.

also, for further tweaking possibilities, here is a great guitarist explaining how he is setting up Plini:

3 Likes

Long time I haven’t been here, and for my come back, here’s a little preset I made to match Paul Gilbert sound in Mr Big tune “Green Tinted Sixties Mind”. Enjoy !

Adjust the Comp Gain knob to find the balance between helping the tapping of the intro without adding too much sensitivity.

Mr Big - Green Tinted Mind.xml (4.9 KB)

Example : https://www.instagram.com/p/CAh8z2HhTHk

3 Likes

beautiful, universal Petrucci-style solo tone!

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: does anyone have any tips for a decent slap guitar tone? I am using an 8 string guitar in drop E. Any tips or preset shares are much appreciated.

That Stereo Clean… just super smooth

1 Like

Hey guys, amazing presets here all around. Gave me great starting points to work with, really appreciate it.
So I thought I should give back and share some of my own presets I’ve created. Here’s a bunch of various presets I’ve made using it. However, some of them use custom IRs from ML Sound Lab, so I’m really not sure how they would translate to another computer.
Hope this helps someone :slight_smile:

High Gain Lead 3 Mids TIGHT.xml (4.9 KB) Clean Lead new 2 2.xml (4.9 KB) Dreamy Lead 1.xml (4.9 KB) Gilmour Shine.xml (4.9 KB) Mellow Lead 1 .xml (4.9 KB) abandoned clean.xml (5.0 KB) Periphery - Satellites 1 .xml (4.9 KB) Periphery - Satellites 2 lead.xml (4.9 KB) Periphery High Gain 2.xml (5.1 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks so much everyone, these are amazing! I love the Stereo Clean and the Satellites ones!

Here is my own low gain preset, hope this is helpful for someone :slight_smile:

Low Heat Setting.xml (4.8 KB)

2 Likes