Add a "compare" button when editing a block

This request is for something similar to Logic Pro’s “compare” button on plugins, except for editing blocks.

In a nutshell, it would be a toggle button which appears when editing a block, which would undo/redo all edits you’ve made since you started editing the block. Use cases include:

1. Quickly A/B how your edits sound compared to the un-edited sound.
  2. Bail out of your edits by hitting compare to undo your edits and then pressing done.
  3. Start over editing by hitting compare to undo your edits and then trying something else.

You know there is an undo/redo button that will undo and or redo back to your last saved state? Even if you change presets etc., the undo and redo are still available etc.

The benefit of a compare button would be that you can compare over many changes. So for example you change the gain of your amp and a drive pedal, add some eq and work on the cab section you could directly compare that to the initial preset state without clicking undo for 10 times.

1 Like

This. Undo/redo are nice, but once you’ve used Logic’s “compare” toggle, you reach for it instinctively. It creates a really nice, compact workflow.

1 Like

Yep this would be great - I often make changes and as I go feel like they are making an improvement however I think you sort of lose sight of it a few changes in. Be nice to be able to compare more than 1 change.

1 Like

I think a ‘Compare’ function to use while editing would be really useful. I realise you can Undo and Redo changes, but this only helps you compare one change to a preset at a time (for example changing just the drive of a distortion pedal)

It would be really good if you could make a multiple changes to multiple devices within a preset and then be able to compare the new sound after those changes have been made to the previous saved state of the preset. So for example say I changed the drive of my amp block, and swapped the distortion pedal in front of it to a different distortion, and at the same time tweaked the EQ block. The ‘Undo’ function wouldn’t help me compare the sound after all these changes to the sound before.

I realise that you can use Scenes to achieve this as a sort of workaround but this would be more long winded, so having a simple ‘Compare’ function would be the easiest and simplest solution.

1 Like

Just seen my post has been added to this thread so hopefully this will gain some traction

At the very least, it would be cool if there was an indicator (a la Strymon’s amber/green LEDs) to show when the parameter is set to the current saved state, or when it has been changed.

Anything to help you get back to a particular state after youve made a TON of changes and have no idea haw many times you need to hit “undo” to get you back

1 Like