Accustic sound?

So have the quad cortex and a ebmm axis with piezo!
How do i get a good accustic guitar sound?
Neewbie so please be gentle and walk me thru this!!!
Thanks in advance

Hi Graaf,

Plug the piezo into a 2nd input and create a 2nd completely separate signal chain for it from input to output. You can set the output to the same outs as the magnetic pickups, or separate outs depending on what you’re amps & speakers are. You can use whatever blocks you like, but you don’t really need an amp block. You might want to use EQ’s, a compressor, & reverb & delay to taste. I would highly recommend you put in a cab block, and instead of using the normal cabs, load an acoustic guitar IR file into the cab block. There are many of these floating around. I purchased some good ones from 3sigma audio → https://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/

These IR’s will give you a pretty realistic acoustic sound from your piezos. Plenty usable for live performances anyway.

2 Likes

I recently purchased my MM Majesty JP6 guitar, and I’m trying to understand the benefits of the two outputs along with the piezo and magnetic pickups.

Forgive me, I’m new to this. In practice, are signals from magnetic and piezo pickups used simultaneously? Are there songs created this way?

Yes, by inputting both into the QC, you can process two sounds simultaneously. Why would one need this?

Processing only the sound from the magnetic pickup in two different chains can achieve the same result. So, what’s the advantage of the piezo pickup?

For example, I haven’t seen a song on YouTube that uses both signals simultaneously.

If it’s a DAW, the DI signal is processed separately, leading to the same result.

I still can’t fully grasp the purpose of the piezo.

the piezo has a more ‘acoustic-sounding’ voice, because of how it works.
You can get much better faux-acoustic guitar sounds by using the piezo.
Some use it to create a doubled tone in conjunction with the magnetic pickups, like an acoustic playing with an electric in unison, or some use the piezo alone when creating acoustic tones.