3 row parallel Splitters

The scenario you just described sounds like you’re using the QC in mono, AND you’re using Scenes. Using three separate rows, one each for clean / rhythm / lead, is inefficient and it takes up a lot of unnecessary space.

When I’m setting up an “amp with multiple channels” preset, I’ll put the amp blocks together in series in one row, then use Scenes to turn on/off which amp block I need, and differentiate gain and EQ settings between them. Then I send them into the same cab block. Easy, flexible, and it’s seamless since it’s all in one preset. I’ve been doing it this way for 2 years and it’s great.

* For example *

Row 1:
Overdrive block → Soldano SLO100 clean → Soldano SLO100 crunch → Cab block → Output

Scene E (clean):

• No overdrive
  • Clean amp block turned on
  • Crunch amp block turned off

Scene F (clean w/ overdrive):

• Overdrive turned on
  • Clean amp block turned on
  • Crunch amp block turned off

Scene G (rhythm):

• Overdrive turned off
  • Clean amp block turned off
  • Crunch amp block turned on
  • Crunch gain @ 2, treble @ 4

Scene H (lead):

• Overdrive turned off
  • Clean amp block turned off
  • Crunch amp block turned on
  • Crunch gain @ 7, treble @ 6

Likewise, if you need separate cab blocks for different amp heads, you can put them in series and use Scenes to turn them on and off with the appropriate head. No need for a split, and to automate a mixer to choose between signal levels.

Splitting across multiple rows (or splitting from Rows 1/2 to 3/4) has been brought up in this forum before, though the topic hasn’t gained much attention:

1 Like