Windows exclusive option

I am currently trying out different plugins to see which one I like the most. The Gojira Archtype, when being used as a standalone app in windows, has the the option to use windows audio (exclusive mode) as the audio device type. I use this due to the fact that it gives me almost no latency issues and no performance issues. The nolly archtype does not have an option to use exclusive mode as the audio device type, and the other modes either don’t work at all or give a good second of latency and crackle. Is there a update or something for the nolly or is it just something that come with the newer plugins?

I got Nolly, Plini and Cory Wong:
Nolly is the only one that doesn’t work as standalone, no audio at all, no matter if I set the output preferences to Built In (of my MacBookPro15) or via Apollo Twin to the external monitors.
Plini and Cory Wong work immediately, flawlessly, same settings.

@Condensedmetal It comes with the newer plugins. A new update for Archetype: Nolly in the future will probably include it as well. However, ASIO is still the best option for Windows in terms of applicability and performance, especially when trying to play sounds from multiple sources.

@ciclosonico This is unrelated to the topic, but I would check if you have the correct input enabled (you should have only 1) and then verify the mic permissions to ensure the app has access to the mic/inputs:

• Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  • Click the icon labeled Security & Privacy.
  • Click the Privacy tab at the top.
  • In the lefthand column, click on Microphone to manage app permissions.
  • Tick the boxes next to apps for which you’d like to grant access to the mic.

If the issue persists after that, send us a ticket to support@neuraldsp.com so we can check what’s going on.

Thanks!

1 Like

Gonzalo you’re great: I really don’t know why Nolly didn’t have app permission in the Security & Privacy menu. Plini and Cory were already set by default. Thank you very much, you solved my strange problem in 15 seconds, grazie mille!

1 Like