When doubler on quad cortex?

A doubler effect would be a game changer for me. In addition to being useful as a stereo widener, it would also be useful as a detuned effect, or as a really nice alternative to a chorus. When I use the regular pitch shift module by itself for a detuned sound, it sounds sharp or flat. I like to have one sharp voice and one flat voice to balance each other out. I know that I can accomplish this with splitters but it is a pain, takes up the whole screen, and mixing the voices isn’t as precise. Some good doublers that would be great to draw inspiration from would be Waves Reel ADT, Waves Doubler, Kemper Double Tracker. I’m guessing we will only get one double tracker effect, and if that is the case then I hope it will be a full featured one.

It would be great if the doubler had controls for:

• Stereo Width
  • Detune
  • Delay

Some features that would be a nice bonus but aren’t that important to me:

• Option to choose 1, 2, or 4 extra voices (would this take up too much CPU?)
  • Modulation on said voices.

Hi. It would be great to have a doubler pedal in the QC , just like the TC Mimiq pedal .
Line 6 has the Double Take block that works very well, that’s one of the reasons I still use muy Helix Live and only use my QC for fly gigs.

Really hope Doug and the team have this feature lined up for the upcoming firmware update.

1 Like

Looks like I’m the only old fashioned guy here who plays mono all the time :smiley:

2 Likes

Blank_IR.zip (255 Bytes)

If anyone wants to try using a makeshift doubler, you can load this Blank IR into the Dual Mono IR loader block in both slots, pan one hard left and one hard right and delay one of the sides to taste. You need to dime the level (+12dB) since otherwise it’s quieter.

It’s of course not comparable to the Mimiq or any other pedal that includes modulation or other features - it just simply delays one side by a few ms. It also uses too much CPU for no real reason since it includes the reverb. Although of course you can also dial in the reverb and make use of it if you wish.

2 Likes

Stereo Enhancer or Double Tracker will be wonderful effects for use in studio

1 Like

I was too and now I’m using the 2290 model after the amp and cab and before my delay and reverb. I was never really a chorus guy on dirty, but this does something else and it excites my
Ears.

1 Like

Interesting, will try the next days!

Just gives it some width, but in my live rig I’m sadly staunchly mono unless something changes or a second cab magickally appears. LOLOL.

2 Likes

Tried it and I agree, the width is nice. But same for me, only for practising at home.
On stage, I will never use two cabs. And since we have two guitars, when we have a mixer they also mostly prefer two mono guitars.
Nevertheless, stereo sounds nice at home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im really surprised that this isn’t a thing in the QC yet. They already have the algorithm in some of their plugin line and are talking about adding it to other plugins, so it’s highly disappointing that the QC isn’t getting similar treatment.

Tired of hacks. Bought a Mimiq