Volume knob physically doesn't stay at designated value

Just received the replacement unit and it does the same exact thing. Is this a very common problem? Two faulty units in a row sounds strange. Gonna try with the third i guess. Do you guys have also this?

Had this problem, NDSP support said it was not common and so I did sent the unit back. Received another one with the same problem. And because that unit had other issues as well, I again sent it in and got another that also has this problem. So yeah, it is common but as always, NDSP won’t say so officially and rather say it’s very uncommon…

1 Like

For me it’s not a groundbreaking issue, but you know after paying this much i expect a fully functional unit. The real problem is the lack of trasparency and the time needed, i waited 3 weeks for the replacement and i asked them if it was worth a replacement or was better to sent to their repair. Now they say to get another one, wait another three weeks or so. I cannot keep this unit either, because it does a loud sound when i put it on the floor that i don’t remeber with the old unit.

I fully agree. The volume wheel turning back by 1 is really just a little weird and annoying at most, but nothing major. And it can’t happen when set to 100 because then the volume wheel has more room to wiggle.
But I do have a problem with the lack of transparency.
Back in 2021 I told them I had WIFI issues and they said that this was not a known issue. Now we now it was. Then I told them I had problems with the PSU and static noise, which they again said was not a known issue. Now we know it was.
Same with the volume wheel. Same with the blue corner on the screen. And I probably already forgot about other stuff.
To be fair, I also had great experience with customer service. But yeah, it just doesn’t promote trust in the company as a whole.

FWIW I do not think its acceptable for such a device that is supposed to be high end and reliable. On the other hand, I understand that it can also be a trade-off between repair time and priority. I had mine repaired (or replaced?) in a short period of time. Everything now works as it should be.