Recording with QC as an interface

I’m new here and interested in getting a QC for obvious reasons.
A persuading element for me would be to know that recording guitars direct with this unit as an interface would sound significantly better that any other (usual) scenarios with other interfaces. Anyone would like to share comparisons or experiences are welcome.

I don’t know about “sounding significantly better”- these days you can great great tones lots of ways. In my experience so far it’s definitely EASIER and quicker than a lot of the alternatives though

1 Like

IF measured DI is indeed better than my scarlett 18i20, but nothing I can really ear and for sure the gain is not worth of 2k, expect jsut same results and be happy when you got that 2% more.
ASIO driver needs big buffers, expect the performance be wore than the average omnipresent scarlett. Also consider that you can’t use 2 asio in the same time without thinkering. MIDI keyboard is not passed from QC to DAW and when using external midi in I can ear the latency of keyboard.
Thise are the things I would know befure I bought it. I am struggling in ditching the old interface because of latency with keyboard and because QC cannot capture daw plugins without another audio interface.

1 Like

I’ve only briefly used mine as an interface with my macbook and logic pro and it worked well… for about 5-10 minutes. Then it would somehow get out of sync with my laptop and have a huge (3-5 second) delay between my playing and the sound coming out of my studio speakers (Using software monitoring in logic). I’ve seen a couple of other folks mention this as well, but never really saw a fix other than making sure you were updated to the latest OS on both units. I still use mine through my apollo twin to supplement my outboard gear but it’s unusable as an interface in my situation.

1 Like

I have the same thing happen where it will be fine for a while then go out of sync by a couple seconds. I’ll play a note and there will be a significant delay before you can hear it in logic. I’m not on the latest OS however. I need to go into preferences and change the input to none then select the QC again and it fixes it for a while.

1 Like

I too experienced the big delay. I am not sure but can have something to do with standby function. If I record I just shudown and boot before.

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anybody has figured out why the QC does this