Quad Cortex setup for Live show

Hello people, I am from India and a new member of this unity. I am going to buy a quad cortex and have no idea as a fresh user of this device. So kindly help me how do I setup the quad cortex for live shows? Do I need a power amp to make it sound good at the FOH or just output it through xlr cables to the Stage PA or FOH?

Hello and welcome to the forum. You only need a power amp if you want to drive a guitar cabinet on stage.

If you want to connect to FOH directly - you just need the XLR cables to FOH and ask for your guitar channel(s) on your monitoring system.

Depends on which scenario you want to work with.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: should i get a powerstage 170 will it be enough to crank a 4/12 cab and mic it for FOH

You can get a cab on stage but also send XLR to FOH - no need to mic the cabinet.

Let’s say:

• Row 1: [Any pre-effects blocks], Amp Block β†’ Out 3: Power Amp ->Stage Physical Cabinet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Splitter β†’ Cab Block β†’ Out 1/2: FOH

You just need to add a Splitter before the Cab and, on that path, put Out1/2 as output, then XLR to FOH.

This way no need to mic the cab. You can use one of the excellent cabs on QC or even a custom IR to always get a consistent sound to FOH.

1 Like

Thanks a lot MayPRS i will surely go for it and let you know soon. cheers.