QC Bassists, let’s brainstorm

Hello. Adrian here. Brand new to the world of QC, have some limited background with multi-fx units (Boss, etc) and have been using a dedicated pedalboard for years.

I purchased my QC, with the hope that I could downsize the physical size of my pedalboard for traveling, and also capture the amps I have on hand.

In scrolling through the factory presets, there are a ton of guitar oriented amp/cabinet/effects settings, just looking for guidance on how to add more bass oriented effects and amp modelers. I hope my dinosaur brain can learn the ways of modern technology.

2 Likes

Hi @ACBass21228

Nice motivation :grinning:

Yeah, someone mentioned somewhere earlier that it’s quite peculiar that a bassist and creator of Darkglass (Douglas) like Doug, CEO of NDSP, hasn’t emphasized that passion more into the QC :thinking:. Guess us bassists are not that big a market for catapulting such devices?

Think it will come, rest assured. Patience. There’s a lot of things they have to focus on first, trying to satisfy the main user, the guitarists, being way behind their promises. Whatever reasons there are for the delay? There are some pretty good one’s looking back :mask:.

When that’s written I think many of the guitar setups are very usable for bass too. Sometimes put a bass-pedal or -amp instead of the preinstalled. Try fx “Annoying flute” and realize you’re as good a lead guitarist on your bass as many :metal:t3:. Pretty enlightening how easy leadguitar is to play (for a clumsy fumble-fingered guy like me (well not really :wink:)).

From time to time some visionary guitar player have used bass stuff and vice versa, and cut a new path of possibilities in the gear jungle.

Bless

1 Like

Used to have a Hartke setup and I REALLY miss those alu cabs in here :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

this IR pack includes a Hartke 4x12:

1 Like

search the term “talkbass” in the app or the Cortex Cloud browser and you’ll find a ton of bass-centric content for download.

2 Likes

Thanx @xush :smiling_face: Already had that for a while as a bookmarked link, and actually checked it out again recently. They’re surely some great people, but considered the situation over there I’m gonna pass on that one, 'till maybe later :thinking:

There are other alternatives, fx Redwirez.

Bless

:+1:t3:@xush, will do.

Bless

2 Likes

Okay @xush just checked talkbass captures out and you send me down a rabbit hole there :hole: :rabbit2:. Found out I already had your XUSH 12 string (15 strings on my 5 string :skull_and_crossbones: :metal:t3:) and just had a fat grooving jam.
Downloaded your meris captures, which I found was the most interesting (they make some of the most intriguing units out there), but they disappeared into oblivion on my QC :sweat_smile:.

Bless

1 Like