Plug-in Captures?

Has anyone tried capturing an actual plug-in yet?
Can that work?

I am loving what the Fab-Filter Saturn saturating is doing and wondered if it was possible to make a capture of some of those settings…?

yes, it can be done with an external interface. The results with studio gear-type captures are ‘subtle,’ I find.
Saturation-type fx seem to have the most pronounced effect.
We tried a bunch of rack gear when we first got ours; API pres, Pultech EQs. Not much different with the plug-ins I’ve tried- tape emulations, tube DI’s sims, etc. Subtle

big fan here, by the way!

I have captured some presets of my Archetype Petrucci plugin and they sound pretty accurate to my ears.
Like @xush mentioned, you need a second audio interface. And it took me a bit to figure out what to connect where…
In the end I was very happy with the results.

1 Like

Excellent. I’m going to work on this and see what happens.
I also have another saturation (Pyros by Audiority) that has some pretty nice stuff coming out of it. I’ll upload these once I have something of use.

So, 2 interfaces, huh?
One won’t do it > in and out?
OK, I’ll have to think about this.
I’m on a Mac. Are you aggregating the two interfaces or using two computer’s?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

cheers,

Trey

I think when he said “second interface” he meant in addition to the Quad. You only need the QC and another interface.
You’d connect the other interface like you would when capturing a pedal. The only variable should be how you route your output from the DAW through the interface out to the QC.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Indeed I meant you need the QC plus an additional interface to be able to capture plugins.

2 Likes