I wonder if Neural DSP is planning to release Apple Silicon compatible versions of their software (and the Quad Cortex driver) as soon as the first Macs with the new CPUs hit the market or if we will have to wait a couple of months (or even years?) before we are safe to buy one of these machines.
I hope so. I have to buy one
Me too. It‘s a tough decision.
pros: no compatibility problems for at least the next 2 years, upgradable RAM
cons: probably already obsolete in 2-3 years (low resale value in that case)
Apple Silicon Mac
pros: future proof, presumably new design, energy efficiency
cons: compatibility problems in the near future, probably some „1st generation“ hardware issues
I’m SUPER curious about this as well. I know it’s a big ask for the team as they’re already so busy, and I don’t expect day-one availability at all. But Neural Plugins are the only non-stock plugins I use along with Presonus Studio One (which I hope makes a version as well), so I’m super curious about these developments. Might be the first time I’ve turned back to Mac in a long time if all of this is possible.