Opinions on best speaker for QC - studio Monitor / FRFR / headphone

The MIDI is cool as it changes speakers when you change a preset. Like I may have said earlier, I am a snob about tubes and such but I am finally willing to concede and play live with this setup. I am also no expert on this stuff but I have been experimenting a bit. PM me if you have any questions, even though I may give a totally wrong answer…

1 Like

Thank you! I have been playing for 40 years and have loved technology since I was a kid… which reminds me that I may still be in Kindergarten, but then again that is where you have all the fun! God bless!

For a real amp feel I would probably go with the FRFR mode set to LF Raw or LF Flat. Both of these settings turn off the tweeter for an experience closest to a traditional guitar amp.

Next option is using the speaker model mode if you find a couple you really like.

The major plus to using the default FRFR mode is it can provide a more ideal/neutral platform to take advantage of all the cab captures and IRs available for use on the QC. You may have to tweak EQ a bit more to get closer to that traditional cab sound but might find the additional flexibility to use cabs/IRs for a more authentic rendering of a cab/capture/IR model on the QC, worth it.

2 Likes

Appreciate the insights on this. Glad to be here with you. God bless and have a great day.

My response above was to a post from @BrianVallotton specifically regarding how to get closest to a real amp feel using a QC with a Line 6 Powercab. The Powercab doesn’t have an FX loop.

1 Like

Any bass players out there using the QC with a good FRFR set up?

A lot of options out there. I haven’t tried a lot. I’m only playing at home at the moment so I’m using the KRK Rokit 6 studio monitors and I think it sounds great! I’d love to get the Laney LFR-112 or the 212 but it seems they’re not available on Thomann anymore. That sucks!

I’ve tried a couple of headphones (AKG K712 Pro & Audiotechnica M50X) but I don’t like the sound I get when using headphones lol.

1 Like