Occasional Audio Glitches as USB Interface

Yeah, that’s what I ment…

1 Like

update 1.0.1 does not fix this issue on Windows 10. Audio glitches occur through pc sounds when using QC as audio interface, at every possible buffer size, and for some reason my driver is locked to 48khz and I can’t confirm if changing to 44.1 khz resolves the issue.

QC operates only at 48 Khz when used as an USB interface and as such be the master sync clock of the setup.

I experienced a fun one: was playing normally and all of a sudden it glitched and started delaying the sound by about 2/3 of a second. Disconnected the USB and it would go back to normal for a while. I recorded it for proof.

1 Like

Intermittent glitches here too where I don’t experience issues with my Clarett. Seems to affect only the output not the recorded signal when recording wet/dry outputs from the QC. Interesting enough, when using plugins through the QC and recording into a DAW (using QC for pre/post FX) it does capture those glitches in the recorded signal when having audio route from plugins back to the QC. Same listening to music too, I just expect to hear random glitches when listening to music until a driver update patches this (not sure what else would remedy).

1 Like

CorOS Version: 1.0.1
This happens when played music by any means, I observe cyclic distortion with a period of one minute:

PC configuration

• Asus Laptop with a core i7
  • PC ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX + core i5-9600
1 Like

This is exactly what I see too. I have another video of this issue: April 13, 2021 - YouTube

I have been having the same issues. Mine makes a very robotic beep. But, only when being used as an interface.

Are you also on MACos? Are you able to test on a Windows platform and if so, do you still have the same issues?

I am on windows. And I have not found a work around as of yet.

1 Like

Also getting glitches roughly every 3m. Super annoying since you can’t record any song in one take… :frowning: I’m on OSX 10.15 buffer size is 64 samples, but setting it higher makes the latency noticeable. But I think it extends the time between glitches.

How are your clock and sample rate settings? The QC as USB audio interface operates only at 48 kHz and preferably as clock master.

Hey everyone,

To anyone that hasn’t done it yet: Please send us a summary of your system specs, as well as some details on how to replicate these problems to support@neuraldsp.com. We’re trying to gather more information about these problems.

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m also getting these drops in volume sounding like a compressor is engaging and squashing the audio.
Seems like it can’t handle a full mix as well as a new session where you’re just tracking a few instruments.

OK, finally had time to run the QC as USB audio interface on my Mac-based system (macmini 2018 6-core i7, 32 GB) and it works rock stable without any hint of glitches or artefacts whatsoever. I also ran it aggregated with my RME UCX interface with no problems (though 7ms roundtrip latency at a buffer size of 32).

Also interesting is that as aggregated with the UCX as master, the QC locks fine to 44.1 kHz - as most of my old and current (Logic) projects runs at 44.1 kHz, this is excellent news, to be able to re-amp also those projects without going over analog!

As for tweaks - nothing is done (internet, wifi and bluetooth running) Also, for the tests the QC was connected to a port of a USB hub connected in series with another USB hub before the macmini, so the QC doesn’t seem very sensitive regarding the connections.

Great news, thanks for the update!

CorOS Version: 1.01

Using a Late 2014 Macbook Pro (Big Sur) I am getting frequent cut outs in the audio when using the Quad Cortex as a USB interface. This is not happening with my brick-like 2010 Macbook Pro (Mavericks). When both devices are first turned on the audio might last for 1-2 minutes after which replugging the Quad Cortex the audio comes back for 5-10 seconds before dropout.

Checking the console I am getting HALS_IOA1Engine::EndWriting: got an error from the kernel trap, Error: 0xE00002EE

Steps to reproduce:

1. Step 1 - Plug in audio interface
  2. Step 2 - Play audio briefly until it beeps and cuts out
  3. Step 3 - Be sad

I have tried the following things:

• PRAM reset
  • Turning both devices off and on, disconnecting from power and recconecting
  • Moved back to Catalina, same issue occurs, same error
  • Restarting Coreaudiod via terminal

I saw where RME went through similar errors after upgrading and they had recommended a clean install to resolve the glitching.

Probably not a feasible solution IMO but maybe worth a try?

same issue with me on a Mac Pro 2015. On Catalina. Hoping for a solution soon. Sometimes it kills of my bluetooth too

Have no glitches and can not reproduce any problems following above sequence.

Macmini 2018 i7-6core, 32 GB RAM, Catalina. USB-port->USB-hub->QC.

QC works glitch-free both as standalone and aggregated with a RME UCX (through TB3->TB2->FW400 adapters)

1 Like