New Quad Cortex user questions

I’m thinking about putting a Quad Cortex in my band’s rack and have a good amount of questions. I feel like what I need to do is going to be too much for it, but I’m not sure. Currently my lead guitarist and I are on Line 6 HX Stomps. They are controlled with MIDI via Logic Pro X to change presets automatically for us. Bass player is just D.I with a Sans Amp

1- Can I safely run two guitars and a bass guitar?

2- Can you MIDI change specific instruments by themselves? For example, guitar 1 needs to change to a different amp/effect while guitar 2 and the bass stay the same and vise versa.

3- This is the one I think will demand more CPU than the Quad is capable of…. I will need to be able to drop tune both guitars and the bass to drop B with the Quad. We play in drop C# primarily but will soon have a song in drop B. I need for the Quad to put all 3 instruments 2 cents down at the same time. I have a feeling the Quad isn’t powerful enough for this, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for any help!

1. Yes, you can run up to 4 instruments with the QC.
  2. Yes, that is achievable via scene mode, stomp mode or hybrid mode.
  3. Yes, you can put a pitchshifter on each row.

Just be aware that running multiple instruments through the QC means the CPU may run out faster. So the setup has to be rather simplistic and/or well thought through. But definitely possible.

Be aware that the pitch shifter in the Quad Cortex currently is not polyphonic and therefore doesn’t work very good when playing chords. Distortion can mask it up but for clean chords it not useable imo. I hope we get the transpose feature from the plugins ported to the QC soon.

1 Like

there’s a feature request for a polyphonic pitch shifter

Polyphonic pitch shifting

1 Like