Multiband Compressor

Add a Multiband Compressor like FabFilter Pro MB

1 Like

Yes. Please add a multiband compressor or 2. Would be insanely usefull.

3 Likes

Yeah please.

A.

2 Likes

This would be great! Then I could use it in the low mids to do the ā€œAndy Sneap C4 trickā€ for controlling mud and boominess down there

A dynamic eq would be another alternative that gives the same effect (I would be happy with either)

4 Likes

@MetalMan a dynamic EQ would be incredibleā€¦ possible consuming a lot of DSP though. Iā€™ve never seen one on a modeler before (even fractal doesnā€™t have this)

2 Likes

Yes, it would use a lot of cpu, but hey, it the most powerfull modler they told :wink:

Another vote for this. Miss this from the Fractal world.

ā€¦would be cool,
but itā€™s already possible to patch a two-band compressor, as I just tried out:

• splitter/mixer in row 1 to row 2, set to ā€˜crossoverā€™ (which, BTW, is a really cool feature because it doesnā€™t mess much with the sound) , so row 2 will have the high frequency range and row 1 the low end
  • add whatever compressor in each row 1 and row 2
  • mix row 2 back to row 1 and BOOM , at least a 2 - band - compressor.

I use this to tame the low end, actually.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a good tip for whoever wants to use it, but there is quite a difference in using two rows versus using one single block to achieve this. Def multiband compressor will be appreciated whenever it arrives :slight_smile:

4 Likes

100% would love this to help tame low end while also adding some bite to the top end.

1 Like

The helix has one

1 Like

Loosely related to this, maybe could be implemented together; but Iā€™d love to see a dual compressor block, a-la Cali76 Stacked (1 compressor into another)

Iā€™ve made an approximation using 2 comp blocks, but copying it to different presets is time consuming, as is updating settings between those presets as I develop it (with no ability to ā€˜save settings as defaultā€™).

Fractal has Multiband Compressor indeed.
USING 2, side aside in my Axe3

Interesting approach, wastes space though.
HOW MANY comps are possible to use in one scene?.. Would need 4 then

Absolutely useful to tame high end stiffness without removing it all together. Amp modelers sound much more realistic with a bit of a compressed treble around 5-6k. Please do it :smiley:

Compressors use very little CPU, so you could stack loads.

Agreed! Something like FabFilter or TC Hyper-gravity would be really helpful!