Microphone choice with Cabs

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me.
I seem to remember that there were a choice of 14 different microphones when selecting a cab.
Since I uploaded COR OS 2.2.0, and Cortex Control, I decided to have a little play around with my existing presets. I can only select up to 6 different mics.
They are,

1. Ribbon 160
  2. Ribbon 10
  3. Dynamic 57
  4. Dynamic 421
  5. Condensor 414
  6. Confessor 184

I have a definite memory of about 14, one of which was a Ribbon 7b. I remember that as it sounded so mellow, and I was debating replacing the stock ribbon 160 with that for my preset.
I have submitted this as an issue with Neural for CC and also support in general.
I am pretty new to tech and any support will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
John Allan

Some of the cabs have a slightly different selection, but none of them have that many mics.

Ok. Thanks Aleksi. I didn’t know this. I was aware that there were a different set of mics for the bass cabs, however I wasn’t aware that only certain mics were available for certain cabs.
Oddly enough one one of my presets; ( using the 212 UK C30 GB ’69); I could access the Ribbon 7b. However using the same cab on a new preset this mic wasn’t present.
Thank you for trying, however I’m still not convinced. I do remember, back in COR1.4.1, being able to select more mics than are available now regardless of which cab I selected. The cabs I use are…

1. 212 UK C30 GB ’69
  2. 412 Brit 35A GB55Hz ’75
  3. 412 Brit 60B V30 ’95

Regardless thank you for taking time out.
Regards,
John Allan

I don’t remember there being a selection of 14 mics for each cab. Also I don’t think “ribbon 7b” would be a mic they’d have, especially since an actual Shure SM7b is a dynamic. It would be labeled as “Dynamic 7b.” Much like the “Dynamic 57.”

Perhaps you could post a photo of the mics being different between the old preset and the new one? That would help troubleshoot this.

Sorry, my mistake. You are correct. it is a dynamic. Shure 7B.
Thanks,
John Allan

Aleksi, and SelfTitledLP,

I owe you an apology.
To cut an awful long story short, you are correct. Different mics are available depending on what cab you choose.
I got mixed up between the AC30, 65 and 69 cabs.
I also just messed around, trying different cabs and I can confirm your initial statement.
However, it does look that across all cabs there are about 14 different choices. Just that all are not available for all cabs.
Thank you for taking the time and solving this for me.

Kind regards,
John Allan

2 Likes