Loud bottom panel noise

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the meticulous question. I just received a replacement unit due to an (unsolved) issue, and I’ve noticed that it produces a loud noise when tapping on the bottom panel. I don’t recall this sound in the previous unit. In the attached video, the noise isn’t determined by the strength of the tap but seems to come from the panel or something inside, like ringing.

Could any of you check if your unit exhibits the same behavior?

Thanks!

To me this sounds like something has become microphonic or the back panel is loose? Do you hear that when just using headphones with nothing else plugged into the QC?

It’s not coming from the speakers, but from the backplate itself. Sounds like rattling, and it seems loose but i checked the screws and they are fine

No one can help?

I have never seen that issue before so I would recommend to email support@neuraldsp.com so that they can log and hopefully provide resolution.

It sounds to me like the bottom plate is a little loose. Have you checked to make sure that all the screws (on the bottom) are tight?

I checked, but the screws are tight… but seems the bottom plate, not something inside

Strange. It’s possible that one or more screw holes wasn’t tapped deeply enough or has some kind of debris in it (them) so the screw(s) can’t tignten completely. It wouldn’t be to tough to repair if you had the proper numbered drill and/or tap but, being under warranty, Neural should probably take care of it. Either way, it doesn’t sound like it should be a problem to use your QC in the interim. Someone should have caught that before they shipped it-naughty, naughty!

Oh so it’s not a common issue? Saw this shorts that shows the rattling…

My unit has a volume wheel problem too… second unit in a row, guess the quality control it’s not amazing… When the wheel is gonna get worse i’ll send to them to fix this too… Thanks

Luckily for me, my QC has been great. Sorry for your woes.

1 Like

I noticed the same after receiving my unit back from service. Don’t think it’s anything to worry about, though. It might be just the back plate not being flush against the chassis since it is only held by the screws in the corners. This could be avoided by having the back plate very slightly bent inwards before attaching it. It helped on a similar issue with the back plate of my CryBaby wah pedal.