"Link" Blocks between Presets

So here is the deal:

Say you have multiple presets you use, you really like a certain amp or effect and have them in all of your presets.

(super simplified) Example:

Preset 1: Vox AC30 → FX → IR

Preset 2: Distortion → FX → Vox AC30 → IR

Preset 3: Vox AC30 → IR

But now you start to really like the Vox AC30 with more brightness and less gain. Here comes the option to link the VoxAC 30 from Preset 1 with Preset 2 so that anything you change (in either one) is also changed in other (predefined) presets too.
But Preset 3 is not getting touched as long as its not linked.

You should of course be able to link blocks with more then one Preset.

That way you could quickly change the sound of your whole set of presets while also having presets where you do not want these changes to occur.

This would be very useful for times where scenes just dont cut it anymore because your favorite amp is placed in completely different presets.

Right now I have to make these changes in every single preset by hand. Would of course be usefull for every amp block, effects block, IR block etc.

I sort of ran into this. I would change a bunch of setting to fine tune the amp in a preset and then have to go to other presets to do the same thing. My solution was to save the amp after fine tuning as the default settings, then you can just quickly reload the amp with all the new settings in each preset. Not perfect but it is a fairly quick solution…

Bill

1 Like

That would be great!

The possibility to lock blocks at the Kemper is very practical. Linked blocks would allow something similar on the QC.

Totally agree for this.
My Idea is
①Link setting of block e.g. Amp, Drive, Reverb, etc… every type of block across a preset.
②If once tweak one of linked block’s parameter in a preset and save it, this change is immediately applying to the other presets which has linked effect block.

I ordinary using 1 preset per 1 song because of variation of FX.
In this case some block has same setting then for example If I would like to pump up the treble of AMP block, I should edit all of them with much of time. Only save once is the best.

AXE FX already has as such as feature over 10 yeas ago…

Seems like the identical concept as a global block. Not sure I see the need to “link” presets. Just include the global version of the block in whichever presets you want that global block’s changes to affect. Perhaps this was just the OP’s way of describing a global block.

You are correct that Fractal devices like the rack-mountable AXE-FX III, have global blocks, but they don’t exist yet on the FM9, which is probably more comparable to the QC.

Thank you for your pointing out. Yes, as you said FM9 do not have such as feature yet.
Therefore I wish to add such kind of system in QC-size box if possible, because it would be advantage to choose QC from the market of floor-modeling.