Lifetime of shared captures / presets (90 days)

I have heard from a reliable source via NDSP support that shares older than 90 days can be / are automatically be removed. Meaning that any private shares, (which obviously includes content you may have purchased from another user) will have to be re-shared after 90 days if you still need access to them. This has happened at least once, and this was the response from support.

Has anyone experienced this? Can we get confirmation on whether this is till true?

If someone has privately shared a capture/preset and you have not downloaded them and or made a backup prior to 90 days, they will removed from the STARRED folder, not removed from your unit if you have downloaded it. Once you download a capture/preset, it is yours forever. Same process if you deleted a privately shared capture /preset etc., you would need to have it re-shared again in that case as well unless its downloaded and backed up.

So all shares over 90 days old will be automatically removed? Or are you saying this is at the discretion of NDSP to do if they wish but is not automatic?

Update from NDSP:
As I stated above, the starred content is removed after 90 days from the STARRED folder, not removed from your unit if you have downloaded it. I hope that clarifies the question. Please reach out to NDSP support@neuraldsp.com if you have any remaining questions regarding their policy.

4 Likes