Latency "solved"

@thomasotto Exactly!

@Niksounds c’mon ! is absurd !!!just send the link to the neural in the support email if we do it everyone will listen to us! they must listen to us!!!

No problem @DavideAru, no offense taken.
I sure hope the issue will be solved by Neural in future updates so that you can enjoy the QC as much as I do.

1 Like

Email sent with screens and Two Focuses :

1. an optimization of the latency in general
  2. the fact that, using the row 3 WITHOUT increase the blocks numbers or Total CPU load, the sistem introduces additional latency (simply moving a block to row 3)

I think too that Neural Will solve this aspect, the team Is earing us

1 Like

@Niksounds send me too if we do it everyone will listen to us! they must listen to us!!

Just sent an email too with a description of the problem and the link to the QC numbers report.

1 Like

Leo Gibson also made another comparison of latencies. However, his presets were a bit less complex, like my usual presets. So his measured latenc was max. around 5ms.

Hi @Andyjcp yes but if you notice its proof is only on one line ! if you patch with the second line you have another 3ms more! and if you go to about 4.32 it says that an idle block does not add latency on the Kemper while on the Qc it does! which in my opinion is much more correct! and that maybe it could solve at least a little the QC latency problem! @thomasottohe made a perfect and super detailed table to show where the problems are and I think Neural should see it too!

1 Like

Hi @DavideAru, yes I think Leo’s tests are not contradicting @thomasotto’s, it only shows that if you have a “simple” preset with amp+cab and reverb, latency is ok, but if you use all rows and FX loop, it gets problematic.

1 Like

@Andyjcp :+1: Yes correct! actually even without Fx loop you have 9ms! just have about 10/11 blocks spread over raw 1 and raw3 and the latency goes up! the right thing that Leo points out in his video is precisely that in the kemper the blocks if they are inactive do not generate latency while in the QC they do! and perhaps the problem is right here!

2 Likes

yep, i’ m in line with you,
Also the most important thing to solve is the latency introduced by lines three and four, even just moving the blocks…without adding new ones
It’s a Little bit nonsense in dual DSP unit from software pov.

2 Likes

Hi @Ringo , i have the same latency problem like you: I have 9,60 ms of latency on Row 1 and Row 3.

2 Likes

Hi @lelloscavone ! Send an email to support with the discussion we’re having here pasted! they must listen to us! Thank you

1 Like

Helix - Fractal - Kemper - Mooer - Atomic - IK multimedia ToneX have latency around 3ms or under.

Quad Cortex goes to eleven!

Just saying!

3 Likes

@Guitarquaduser1 no offense but I would just like to tell you a couple of things, one I’m not here to ask the group to solve the problem but we’re asking the Neural! and it’s not just me but other professionals like me who have noticed this big bug! which in my opinion cannot be because, as mentioned below @DropTheSun , the Cortex is the pedal board with the most latency and it is sincerely absurd given that it is a latest generation pedal board which ON PAPER could land a shuttle! as for the effects that I want to put well honestly those are my business and if my CPU ALLOW ME BUT ALWAYS ON PAPER I do it the problem is precisely this that the Cortex DOES NOT ALLOW YOU because with 47% of use it already does disasters! I play in pop contexts where my pedal board ends up in a transmitter, then in a digital desk which I then listen to with radio headphones and all this stuff generates latency! it means that if I start with 9ms from my pedal board I will play today and my sound will arrive tomorrow! if Neural has made this machine to play in our bedrooms with 4 blocks that’s fine but you have to specify it! Thank you

3 Likes

@Guitarquaduser1 good for you! not for me! and in my opinion trying to improve this thing is not a bad thing but a good thing not for me for all those like me who have spent 1890€! Thank you

2 Likes

Let’s not destroy this discussion, I’m speaking in general.
The perspective of improving a product in a constructive way is the best way.
the dsp have to work in parallel, not one waiting for the other and this can lower the latency and that’s what we are trying to clarify.
let’s keep the talk “up” and not at the “hell” :wink:

3 Likes

@Niksounds Exactly! I am a big fan of the Neural so much so that I kept the pedalboard and I have neither sold nor sent it back! I have all his plugins that I use constantly I am convinced that they will soon solve this and other problems, or at least I hope so! Thank you

1 Like

Again, if I may, the QC is NOT “total crap”… But it is also NOT “perfect”.
The truth (for me anyway) lies in the gray area in between.

You peaked my interest here.
I downloaded and measured Rabea’s Kolossal preset (I took one with Row 3 included because that is the issue for me). It has 8.08ms of latency.
“No latency” as you stated is your opinion. 8.08ms is part of that grey area that I call a fact.

Also, why so n many fx?

You must know that being a pro session musician isn’t about what the musician wants… It’s about what the band/artist requires. For a particular song you can be asked to have Tremolo and Phaser (for ex) on two different parts of the same song.

Take away all that modulation stuff

You might as well take the gig/job away as well…
Imagine a session guy saying “Nope, I’m not gonna use such and such FX, that’s it” !

5 Likes

@thomasotto Thanks, you nailed it! as I have not been able to do! thank you very much!

1 Like