Faking a Humbucker Neck Pickup on a Strat

come to think of it, I remember a capture of a bass effect that was almost like a sub-freq booster. I should have tried it on guitar but I don’t think I did before I deleted it. If I can find it again I’ll let you know, it might be worth a try for this particular application. It really fattened it up but on bass it was just TOO much

1 Like

On the Polymoon the closest to Zappas Dynaflanger is Preset 14 Echo Flanger. On LVX you will have surely a lot of options to fool around with a Dynaflanger. I think the only important difference in this context is that you can not run the phaser and the flanger at the same time on the LVX, but I personally think that a good Dynflanger doesn’t need necessarily an additional phaser.

1 Like

I got the manual and some of those impulses, but as I said, the manual only says they have to be first in chain. I would need a brief basic explanation how to use these on the QC. I couldn’t find anything helpful.

here are the ‘fatteners’ I was thinking of:

Meatbox:

Goliath Bass emph:

These approach from the EQ-tweaking side of things.
For the Meatbox, I’d put it on a separate lane or splitter so you could still blend in mids and highs on another lane. It is very SUB-centric, cuts almost all mids and highs.

The Goliath is a DI bass amp head that accentuates the lows while balancing well with mids and highs. I think those 2 could be combined as a high-fat recipe that might get you closer to what you’re looking for.

I’m going to experiment with them, maybe make a preset divided into a couple lanes treating different frequencies with separate cabs (maybe mix a bass and guitar cab together) to try to thicken up thin tones.

1 Like

On the Eventide H90 is a Preset called “Leo to Les” aka Strat to Humbucker. Here is a screenshot. It darkens the sound to much when the effect is applied to 100 percent, but it goes into the right direction.

1 Like

I have used the Pignose Capture already before. Whoever did that. Many thanks to him. The Systech Capture seems to be good, but I am having a hard time to tame that beast. This seems to be a Gain Monster. I don’t know how to handle it.