Debugging Guide - DAW Issues

PRO TOOLS (9, 10, 11, 12 & 2018+)

ISSUE: After setup and activation process, the plugin doesn’t appear in my DAW.

Please, rescan your plugins in Pro Tools by deleting its preferences.

OSX - Pro Tools (11, 12, 2018+)

• Close Pro Tools and launch Finder.
  • Click Go and select Go to Folder…
  • Enter ~/Library/Preferences/Avid and click Go.
  • Delete the Pro Tools folder.
  • Restart your computer and launch Pro Tools.

OSX - Pro Tools (9 & 10)

• Close Pro Tools and launch Finder.
  • Click Go and select Go to Folder…
  • Enter ~/Library/Preferences and click Go.
  • Delete the following files in this Preferences folder:

com.digidesign.ProTools.plist
com.digidesign.ProTools.plist.lockfile o DAE Prefs
DigiSetup.OSX
Pro Tools Prefs

• Restart your computer and launch Pro Tools.

Windows Pro Tools (10, 11, 12 & 2018+)

• Navigate to:
Pro Tools 10: Program Files (x86)\Avid\Pro Tools\DAE\DAE Prefs
Pro Tools 11 and above: \Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Pro Tools

• Delete the file:
Pro Tools 10: Installed plug-ins
Pro Tools 11 and above: InstalledAAXPlugins

• Re-open Pro Tools.

PRO TOOLS FIRST

Third-party plug-ins are not supported to run on Pro Tools First. Only plug-ins available from the Market Place which is within Pro Tools First.

PRESONUS STUDIO ONE (3 & 4)

Please set Studio One to read that folder and rescan your plugins. In Studio One is called " Delete Blacklist and rescan ".

Our plugin can also be installed in Program Files/VST Plugins .

If you have tried every path, be sure you have also clicked the button to RESET BLACKLIST.

Since the authorization went wrong in the first place, Studio One might have blacklisted it. These are the steps for plugin Rescan:

1) Launch Studio One (Windows users: right click > Run as administrator).
2) Go to Studio One > Options (PC) / Preferences (Mac) > Locations > VST Plug-Ins tab, and make sure the following paths are listed ( if they are not, add them ).
3) Check-mark Scan at startup.

REAPER

• ISSUE #1: After the setup and activation process, the plugin doesn’t appear in my DAW.

Are you sure the location of the plugin is correct and that Reaper is reading the right folder?

Then, open Reaper , go to Preferences , VST, and click " CLEAR CACHE AND RESCAN ".

If this doesn’t solve the problem, try to disabling your antivirus or allowing iLok License Manager communications.

• ISSUE #2: It opens in Reaper but doesn’t seem to be getting any input.

There are many input monitoring modes in Reaper ( ON-OFF-AUTO ). Test it in AUTO mode .

CUBASE (6, 7, 8, 9 & 10)

ISSUE: After setup and activation process, the plugin doesn’t appear in my DAW .

Since the authorization went wrong in the first place, Cubase might have blacklisted it. Try rescanning your plugins within Cubase after that at Plug-In Manager .

Please be sure the plugin is installed on the right folder and that Cubase is reading that folder ( or create a new custom path ), and then rescan the plugins again.

ABLETON LIVE

Please be sure Ableton has activated the button for " Use VST Plug-in System Folder " and " Use VST Plug-in Custom Folder " if you have one.

Then hold the ALT key and click RESCAN ( Preferences - File Folder - And Hit "Rescan " by pressing also the ALT key while clicking ).

REASON

In Reason 10, missing plugins can be scanned in by adding the plugin path associated with the plugin installation.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, please try to create a custom path location.

FL STUDIO

ISSUE: After setup and activation process, the plugin doesn’t appear in my DAW .

In Reason, missing plugins can be scanned in by adding the plugin path associated with the plugin installation.

Note : On Windows, our plugins are installed to C:\Program Files\Vstplugins by default .

Unless you set the File Settings > Manage plugins > Verify plugins switch, FL Studio will perform a ’ fast scan '.

We recommend ‘Find plugins’ ( with ‘Verify plugins’ ticked ) to perform a complete scan that categorizes plugins as generators ( instruments ) or effects. FL Studio will add scanned plugins to the pop-up lists that appear when you use the Channel Rack > Menu > Add one option , Channel Rack + button, Main menu > Add option and Plugin database .

LOGIC PRO X

Please go to Plugin Manager in Logic and check the status of our plug-in in that list. When you find it, please click RESCAN.

Notice that Logic uses Audio Unit format which is " . component ". Be sure your plugin is installed in the right folder: HD - Library - Audio - Plugins - Components . If it was not there, do the previous step again.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, try a clean install of the plugin following these steps:

• In Logic Pro X, go to “Preferences” > Plug-In Manager > Manufacturer > Neural DSP, and uncheck the box "use”.
  • Reach this location in your Mac: HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > Components, and delete the component file.
  • Download the installer from here: https://files.neuraldsp.com/ and run it.
  • Restart Logic Pro X.

GARAGEBAND

1) Please make sure you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed on your computer.
2) After that please allow GarageBand to use 3rd party AU, ticking the option from preferences.

If it still doesn’t show up, please generate a plugin rescan in GarageBand by following these steps:

Trash Audio Units Preferences

1) First, open Finder, hold the Option key, click on the Go menu and select Library.
2) Then navigate to User Library > Preferences and delete the file com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist.
3) Next, navigate to User Library > Caches > AudioUnitCache and delete any of the following files:

com.apple.audiounits.cache com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache

Then, launch GarageBand.