Capture out noise

I am on the latest version of the CorOs.

When the Quad Cortex is connected to capture something, there is always a very strong hum. This is not the case through any of the other outputs, only capture out.

Even when there is no instrument or instrumentcable, just the cable from the capture out to an amp, a pedal, anything, that hum is there and superstrong. It passes through the thing that is to be captured and produces for example a distortion hum through distortionpedals and overdriven hum through amps etc.

Is it supposed to be supernoisy?

This might be the known grounding issue with the QC power supply, or a ground loop caused by the device connected to the capture input. If you are capturing an amp with a mic, then it’s possible the QC isn’t properly grounded. Try connecting a cable from one of the sends to some other grounded device and see if the hum goes away.

Yeah the noise is coming no matter what. The device is off, same noise. Device with other devices connected, same. Usb connected, same. Xlr connected, same. Through capture out into an audiocard through daw, same. It really persists.

J

Hey @RomeoRude. Sorry to hear about the issues you’re experiencing.

We sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Thanks!

I am facing a similar issue, what is the (or was there a) resolution to this problem? I’m trying to capture and facing very loud noise when the capture out is connected to the front of the amp and using the D.I out of both a Synergy SYN50 and a Revv D20. Both amps have zero noise when plugged in directly to them and have tried every combination of ground lift, cable swap, XLR, XLR to TRS combination possible and the issue remains. If I unplug in the instrument from Return 1 or unplug the capture out, the noise immediately stops. If i touch any of the buttons on the Quad Cortex the buzzing changes which seems to be point to ground issue, but the ground lift on the DI on the amp and on Quad Cortex do not alleviate the problem. Both the amp and quad cortex have been on the same circuit and different electrical circuits with no change in behavior.

@espmarshall - Hey, please email support@neuraldsp.com, they will be able to help you troubleshoot.

If anyone runs into this issue as well, please email the address above for assistance. Thank you!