Can anyone recommend a desktop stand for the Q.C.?

Hello,
I just received my Quad Cortex yesterday and it looks great on my desk! Does anyone know of a desktop stand that works well for these that would allow it to sit flush on the desk at a good angle for programming? I have used a stand alone music stand tilted back, but it does not feel very stable. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Glad to be here with you all.

Update: I did buy a unit from Amazon that looks like it has potential. You will see its link in the thread below. Thanks everyone for the prompt and helpful suggestions.

Hey Brian,

I use a pair of these and like them very much as they are very versatile and you can put a keyboard underneath them. Just watch out so you get the ones without the “ramp” on the foot parts. Get the ones with the completely flat foot parts.

https://www.google.at/search?q=adam+hall+notebook+stand&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiUhMen1tH8AhWGPOwKHRDaCkQQ2-cCegQIABAC&oq=adam+hall+notebook+stand&gs_lcp=ChJtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1pbWcQAzoECB4QClCtB1ixFmD1GWgAcAB4AIABbogBugWSAQMzLjSYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-img&ei=bTDIY9SZGob5sAeQtKugBA&bih=814&biw=412&prmd=sivn

*edit
These… https://cdn-shop.adamhall.com/ORIGINAL/media/MARKEN/AHSTANDS/SLT001/SLT001_1.jpg

1 Like

Hey man,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am going to check It out now.

1 Like

or check this out

2 Likes

This:Amazon.com

It’s a laptop stand. I saw it recommended on one of the FB forums last year and immediately ordered it. Works really well, puts the unit at a good angle on my studio desk to use and read. Really perfect for the unit and desk use! Doesn’t move around, stays very stable!
Plus, the angle and height are adjustable, but it stays in place solidly.

2 Likes

If you know someone, or youself with a 3d printer, you can pretty much print that stand.

1 Like

I find that style the most useful; you can get other gear underneath the QC if needed with this design or similar ones.

1 Like

I have a Helix Rack. I love it as I can just turn around and tweak as oppsed to bending over and going to the floor to tweak things, I wish there were a way to do this on the QC…like a stand that is around waist height so that I can tweak as needed and then also havethe footswtches on the floor. A desk to stand is ok but a live one would be cooler.

1 Like

A great suggestion. I just bought it. Thank you. How are you enjoying your QC? I only received mine yesterday, but I think that I will like it for years to come. I think the ongoing updates will be pretty good going forward. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

I got mine five months ago and I love it. It’s an endless source of creativity for me with all of the available captures and presets out there.

1 Like

I am so glad to hear that. The word that comes to mind with this unit is “Future Proof”. I just play most every week at our church for the last 12 years or so pretty steady. I have a few things I do pretty well and a bunch I am just getting by with. So a unit like this is beyond my current capabilities. I was going to go back to just using a pedal board and then when I looked into this I changed my mind. I am a longtime Apple user… and this unit feels like a MacBook Pro for my guitar. Analysis Paralysis is real. Sometimes having so many choices can be overwhelming, but I plan to find a few sounds I like (Mostly Fender semi clean sounds) and just enjoy the ride. My wife bought it for me for my 62nd birthday. It is a tool AND a TOY, which I am not above playing with. Who do you listen to mostly nowadays? Any new favorites?

There is so much gear out there nowadays, that you could spend more than one lifespan to get to experience them all. So, regarding that, … what a time to be a guitarist. I have an easy approach and let the sounds and possibilities flow through and look what works best for me. I’ll be 44 by June and I’ve been writing music almost my whole life. Lately I’ve experienced “Deutsch-Rock” for myself. German is my mother tongue, I am from Vienna/Austria and I’ve been singing in English my whole life. So this is (absurdly) absolutely new for me.

1 Like

Let us all experience this :slight_smile:
This is a classic: BROILERS - Meine Sache (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube
This is more exotic and actually not pure “Deutsch-Rock” but they are related: Joachim Witt feat. Peter Heppner - Die Flut (Official Video) - YouTube
Enjoy your device and let us know what you’ve experienced in the following days.
Feel free to contact me or any other user over the board whenever. But I suggest to not post your mail address in public since a bot might pick it up and use it for spam :wink:

Cheers
Michael

1 Like

Gotcha. I deleted the previous post. Was not thinking about that. I am going to check out some new music! Rock on my new friend!

1 Like

Rock on man! :slight_smile: Enjoy the forum!

1 Like

There’s a cool guy on Reverb that make 3D printed stands for lots of gear. I found a stand on there that had the dimensions and angle that I was looking for for my QC. I love it.

1 Like

I use this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HBQSCM3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I have the QC on a Pedaltrain Metro, and I put the board on the stand.

1 Like

Yeah I bought this one about a year ago… It works great is adjustable and right now it’s on sale for like 19 dollars. Amazon.com

1 Like

I personally use this - had it for my mac but it fits well. Whatever works I suppose!

1 Like

i bought this and its super awesome. I love how strong the hinges are. It takes a lot of force to move it, which makes me feel very comfortable pressing buttons as hard as I would ever want to

2 Likes