Assign foot switches by scene or preset

Could we have the option to assign footswitches by scene instead of preset? I am so frustrated by 32 effects slots and 8 switches! If I could at assign the footswitches by scene it would add a great deal of flexibility! I can save all the other information by scene, how about footswitch assignments too?

What do you mean exactly? There is a scene mode which sounds to me is what you are looking for? Or am I mistaken?

I could be wrong, but the way I read this, the OP is asking if footswitch assignments could change from scene to scene. For example, footswitch A might be assigned to a distortion block in one scene, and a flanger in the next. You can’t currently do that.

Kind of a cool idea, I can see it being useful. I do agree that some additional explanation or an example added to this feature request would make it clearer.

2 Likes

Honest opinion summed it up perfectly! (Thank you!) Being able to assign foot switches by scene add way more flexibility! This combined with my other post requesting 8 “virtual switches” (not tied to a physical button, but midi addressable like the current hardware buttons) would really be great and seems to be a pretty straight forward code to write since both those functions - assignable footswitches and external cc footswitch control - are already programmed into the current OS.

It looks like a good idea.

Maybe a little confusing to use, but it’s just about getting used to it.

Voted.

Thought about it and had an idea that’s probably a little bit more manageable while playing live instead of having to switch the mode you are in, switch the scene, and switch the mode again:
Pages for switch assignments. Let’s say you have 4 (or any other number) of pages one could go through by e.g the up and down switches. That would make 8 times 5 stomp / scene assignments with just one “klick” to switch between the pages.

1 Like