An interview with Douglas Castro about AI. Very interesting

I seen this posted on the forum in another place and thought it was worth sharing again. It gives me some new insight into how much work has went into developing the QC. It is a podcast so you can just turn it on and listen without needing to watch.

3 Likes

Great @BrianVallotton will save it for later :wink: :pray:t2:

Edit [2h later]: Really worth the listening. Thanx for sharing.

Bless

1 Like

Especially noticed the heavy workload of being a first-mover in Machine learning music development. Nice view into this world. Impressive. Recognize the drive. And the luck🤣. Also that he used to paint makes sense about the aesthetics. Something I also used to do. His creative sides struck a cord you know. And he’s also into philosophy.

Bless

1 Like

Fascinating interview! It’s interesting to hear the backstory of NDSP and development of the QC. I was surprised to hear that development of the QC was Doug’s goal from the beginning and the plugins were more a way to get revenue to fund the QC project. I like that he went into some detail about the struggles in getting it ready for market and that he admitted that it is not perfect (whatever that is) but they are working to get it there.

I hope that some of the forum hate mongers will listen to this. It might give them a better understanding of why some features have been delayed and maybe a little empathy.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the podcast. Thanks for posting it, Brian.

3 Likes