Am I the only one who finds it difficult to know what each amp/effect is?

All of the amps and effects use cryptic names instead of using the real amp name. Knowing what amps and effects are being modelled is a confusing nightmare. I need to Google every so often, only to discover multiple lists, many of which are outdated. There is so much confusing information out there when all you want to know is what certain models are compared to their brand and model equivalents.

1 Like

All you have to do is read the manual. The actual device name is listed on page 95. https://downloads.neuraldsp.com/file/quad-cortex/Quad%20Cortex%20User%20Manual.pdf

6 Likes

Agree with the 2nd post to refer to the manual and or print out the models list. Otherwise, their naming convention makes it pretty easy to recognize which model is which etc.

Welcome to a world of copyright dancing! It’s annoying, but it’s this way on every modeler out there. You’ll pretty quickly learn that US = Fender, UK = Vox, CA = Mesa, Brit = Marshall, etc. Until then…use that manual link above.

3 Likes

Figured this had to do with copyright, etc, and I’m sure I’ll learn these in no time. BTW, in the latest manual the Virtual Device List starts on p102

1 Like

I think it would be funny if they just labeled them something like Maysuh, Morshull, Fundler, or Voxals. It would make for stronger allusions both visually and sonically.

1 Like

you can also refer to this site:

2 Likes

True. I actually built that site, haha. You can access it via a more friendly url of https://quadcortex.co as well.

6 Likes

great job… thank you!

2 Likes

I have a better idea.

Just forgett about all this ancient vategories like Fender, JMC, Vox …

And start listening to the sound.

In 10 years nobody will even know what a DLX reverb was!

Olaf

1 Like

Or… Could edit the names of all Amps, Effects etc!
Feature Request: Edit Amp Effect names

1 Like

You really did a great job of putting that list together. I bookmarked the page for future reference. Thank you very much!

1 Like

I wish there was a list of the factory captures. It seems silly to call them Name of Amp #1, Name of same Amp #2 etc. How about providing some insight as to the nature of each capture??
I really don’t want to audition each and every version of a capture with no clue how they differ. Maybe its just me…

I’ve never understood why they can put the copyrighted names in the manual but not on the actual device. You’d think it’d either be okay on both or not okay on either.

1 Like

Because the manual identifies what the components are based off/captured from but the actual model/brand names are protected from copyright.