What are your favourite pedals to pair with QC?

I have some just to run an analog signal and save a switch or two.

2 Likes

they do fine in front of the Quad. Iā€™ve captured a few, they nail the tone but not the gait/spit/velcro effect. Some of that (the gating anyway) you can kind of emulate with other fx on the QC.

Good choice on the Tumnus. One of my favorite drive pedals - and probably the most flexible Klon circuits available. Thereā€™s some magic in that little box.

Is everyone putting their pedals in front of the QC? It would be nice to put dirt in the FX loop, if the impedance from QC will work with a germanium fuzz.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the response. Most of my tones are not gated so hopefully I can capture the general sound of them!

Itā€™s pretty impressive, tonally. Iā€™ve captured 6 different fuzz pedals and they all SOUND indistinguishable from the hardware units. Really surprised me. Of course, octaves have to be added with a separate block, or the sputtering effect recreated with doubled gates, but man- the tonal signature is all there.

1 Like

Really?

My first attempt of capturing was a Z.Vex Fuzz Factory. The result was horrible, as I expected (horrible but not the same kind of horrible than the original, you know).

But you make me think about it again.

Maybe the Z Vex has aspects that capturing canā€™t handle? Although it seems like there are some caps of it on the cloud.
Capturing can really be a mystery, canā€™t quite be simplified to a hard, fast rule yet.
Might be worth another shot

Chris, this week I treated myself to a Wampler Pantheon Deluxe. Will be trying that and maybe The Engine by I canā€™t remember. Oh itā€™s by Drybell. Probably try a few more. Hope youā€™re enjoying your quad. Cheers.

1 Like

The Pantheon Deluxe sounds great and if you use its MIDI features, is even better. Thatā€™s how I use it with the QC. Instead of using up
one of the loops on the QC, I send on/off midi messages from the QC scenes foot changes. works perfect. Analog OD with midi switching.

1 Like

I sometimes use my Line 6 DL4 MKII and my DigiTech Whammy DT with the QC.

MIDI is completely optional, you donā€™t need to use it. The pedal can be used fully analog, like any stomp box. But it is great that the Midi option is there.

1 Like

I sold 2 H9ā€™s to buy the QC. They were my all time favorite pedals. Iā€™ve missed them greatly, but learning the QC has occupied my time. The H90 came out shortly after and I am so tempted by it! So far I have been impressed with all the QC effects Iā€™ve used, but familiarity of Eventide makes me want one!

1 Like

I first bought the H9 plugins to use while recording/ mixing. I liked them so much I got the H9 pedal to be able to reproduce some of those sounds live. 3 weeks later info about the H90 started leaking out, and they released it just in time for me to return the H9 and order the H90 on release day. The H90 is a great companion to the QC, aside from no midi time sync (yet).

1 Like

Just checked in and saw this post.

Iā€™ve been very happy with the QC as a full standalone but am thinking of adding an XTS modded GE-7 as a quick fix when I switch between singles and humbuckers. Put it before the QC, same as w a pedalboard.

Will get back to you on it.

Hey. I checked out the GE-7 in front of the QC and like the results a lot.

The initial thought was to use it similar to my pedal board: placed in front of everything (the QC in this case). Set it to tame the lows or highs when switching from singles to humbuckers or vice versa. Makes it so I donā€™t have to set up separate/similar presets for different guitars. It works very nicely for this. Nice and quiet. No coloration when set at unity.

A bonus is that I can brighten up my Headrush FRFR 108, which doesnā€™t have an EQ. The presets Iā€™m creating sound great through my headphones but come out darker on the 108. I can now set it so they have the same coloration.

I use a third man plasma drive in front. Itā€™s pretty unique sounding so the QC doesnā€™t really get there.
Iā€™ve captured my Reeves Electro Red Dot and the result is reasonable. Not spot on, but pretty much there.

I have an Xotic EP booster sat right in front of my QC. I canā€™t quite define what it does - aside from making things louder - but there is a certain je ne sais quoi. Itā€™s often tempting to just leave it on.

1 Like

Same boat as john.taylor2501. Bass ā†’ Origin effects Cali-76 TX ā€”> Neural Cortex

I prefer the cali tonally. Its always on.

I currently run my Strymon Big Sky in Loop 1, and a chain of overdrives in loop2: Wampler Dual Fusion, Revv (Shawn Tubbs) Tilt overdrive, etcā€¦