Using a amp head as a power amp?

Brilliant :slight_smile: Iā€™ll defo be gettijg one then!
I originally bought a Line 6 Powercab and planned to maybe take that to gigs (not ideal), as when i was in Canada on holiday earlier this year I went to a pub to see a great gā€™nā€™r covers band and the guitar tone of the guy playing the Slash parts was incredible; i was shocked to learn after the show that he was uaing a Helix (booo!..) pluged in to a powercab (with the sound also coming through the pa) - couldā€™ve sworn he was using a real jcm800 or jubilee (turn out he was using the Friedman model on the helix) - havenā€™t been able to get my QC+power cab sounding as good as that at home, but part of that will be not playing at gig volume in my livingroom/lack of tweaking on the QC.

I think i might go back to using my Studio monitors for practicing (HS5s i believe- better than what i had before), sell my power cab and use a powerstage 200 for when im gigging again (dial in patches using a marshall cab with V30s then disable for the powerstage out, as most venues/bands in the u.k tend to have those cabs sitting there, if they have anything) - will then have one output with a cab/IR sending that signal to the house PA or whatever (although they could probably just Mic the cab he he)