QC with bass head

I am using a QC and a GK mb800, i run 2 amp mods on my preset, one clean and one distorted and blend them to get the tone i want. i dont use a cab sim but ive noticed the tone sounds a bit weird from time to time and gets some buzzing. Is this damaging to the head, would I be better off with a straight up power amp, I just like the punchiness of the mb800

Any advice greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum!

my 2 cents…

The qc is incredibly versatile in tone shaping, but feeding a “modeler/profiler” into any amp can be tricky and easily result in “not great results.” There are a number of routing options available (p.60-75 in the manual).

Hearing what this magic box can do, can be heard “accurately” when using headphones or a quality FRFR/FOH. It’s where it really shines.

Having “more” of anything, is always tempting, but simply put… if it doesn’t sound good, then don’t do that. I don’t think you’re hurting your amp (maybe your speakers if anything), probably just over driving the signal and its “farting out.

Your method of split and mix to taste is my favorite thing about the qc, especially as a bass player (digital routing). Never stop experimenting with the many options this thing can do. Im constantly fine tuning in the eternal quest of “awesomeness.”

Props to the forum. It will give u a ton of insight to things you’d never have known otherwise.