Paging Hybrid Mode

When switching QC to hybrid mode (Preset+Scene or Scene+Stomp) the top row gets 4 of the switches from one group and the bottom row gets 4 switches from another group. For example if you use hybrid model Stomp+Scene, the top row of switches are stomp A, B C and D, and the bottom row are scene A, B, C, and D.

This works great, but does not give you access to the other 4 stomp switches and the other 4 scenes.

What I would like to see is a hybrid page mode that switches between stomp/scene A, B, C and D, and stomp/scene E, F, G and H. This extra hybrid page could be added or removed using the modes configuration page. Preset/scene should have a similar 2nd page.

This would give access to all switch capabilities in hybrid mode.

If they even allowed the 8 stomps/8 switches to be accessed via midi that would be a game changer

Did you mean 8 stomps/8 scenes? Because I’m doing this now with MIDI.

All at the same time?

I think I see what you’re saying now. I use a small MIDI controller (MC3) to flip back and forth between scenes and stomps.

I mean in hybrid mode, there would be 2 mode pages for Stomp+Scene. One mode page would have scenes A through D and stomps A through D. The other mode page would have scenes E through H and stomps E through H. This way I can get access to all stomp and scenes while in hybrid mode.

Now why do this instead of just switching between stomp and scene modes to get all the switches? Its because hybrid mode lets you mix scenes with stomps so the bottom row selects one of 4 scenes, and the top row gives up to 4 stomps that can be turn off or on while in any scene. This gives more control over more parameters without having to change mode as often.

Also, I do use an MC8 to control all 8 scenes while QC is in stomp mode to control bypass on 8 effects. This is fine. But the hybrid mode provides the flexibility to the 1/2 the scenes and 1/2 the stomps on QC alone without having to connect an MC8. That useful too if I want to use QC by itself.

The mode page approach would let you put the scenes and stomps you use the most on the first page, and then flip the page to access the lesser use scenes and stomps.

You could use an MC8 to provide the other 4 scenes and 4 stomps to get more direct access without having to do the page switch. But this didn’t work. There appears to be a bug where the CC#39 though CC#42 to control stomp bypass duplicate the scene selections instead of doing a stomp bypass (as described in the manual). Bug submitted.

Other “Page 2” requests exist…

I’d rather see the “hidden ones “ accessible via long press or 2nd click tbh.
If it’s a stomp row: a long press’s on A toggles E.
If it’s a scene row…a 2nd click on scene A triggers E, a 3rd click toggles back to A