New owner - great device

Just took delivery of my nano cortex yesterday. I’m having a lot of fun with it through my pedal baby into a 2x12 I made.

my favourite type of amps are of the high gain flavour. I’m really loving being able to try out captures of some of my dream amps.

I am still noticing a little of that digital “fizz” (less so than with the Hx stomp I sold). Would be nice to have a graphic eq to see where to dial in the eq but overall it’s been a very happy 24 hours​:sign_of_the_horns:

3 Likes

I really love it. Very fun and sounds good. Some of the FX are truly great imho. Love the circle delay and tape delay. Pitch is very useful especially with high gain.

1 Like

Glad you guys are enjoying it. A low-pass filter works great for trimming away excess “fizz”.

1 Like

I’ll give that a try, thanks.

Good to hear, yeah the Nano is pretty amazing.

If you’re into high gain I would suggest you try the Marshall JCM800 captures that Neural DSP are sharing on cloud.neuraldsp.com.

My favorite 3 captues of this amp from 1987 are the following:

  • Brit 1987 6
  • Brit 1987 5
  • Brit 1987 4

For me with my humbucker guitars this is as good as it gets. Number 6 clean-ish and the other two are high gain.

Unless you’re definition of high gain is 5150.. Then you can checkout the other captures in the “PV 505Sig” series from Neural. (I think it’s the “PV 505Sig 7” that is in the factory captures of the Nano.)

Link to Neurals account:

1 Like

Cheers. I do prefer the “American” hi gain stuff over the marshalls. But that’s the beauty of captures, you can try a few. Have enjoyed the ENGL captures I’ve found and Rabea Massad’s Kraken capture. But I’ll be trying out a bunch. Will give the Marshalls a go. I know folk that swear by them.

1 Like