New fancy EQ

Right now the EQ options on the Quad Cortex are adequate, but a bit difficult to work with. I am a huge fan of equaliser plugins like FabFilter Pro Q, and I think it would be a great use of the Quad Cortex display and device power to have an EQ that visually shows you peaks in your sound, the ability to pinch and drag areas on the display to create peaks and whatnot.

A simple improvement to the existing QC EQ blocks would be to add a grid to the view so that you can visually see what frequency you are impacting and by how much. That would avoid having your attention split between the view you are using to manipulate the parameters and their values.

4 Likes

If possible, maybe even a “Make Dynamic” option just like the Pro Q to control a specific frequency…

Grid view would be incredible and most likely one of the easiest changes they could make. I do wonder if the QC can handle a more complicated EQ beyond maybe a grid? I never see my CPU usage go above 50% on even multi instrument patches, so I’m sure there’s room for improvement.