Metronome click in "tempo" settings

I know this has been requested in some of the plug-ins but on the QC, when you go into the tempo settings, could there be an option to turn a click on and off (much like the fractal units). I used to use that all the time on my axefx for metronome practice. It was much more convenient than opening up a DAW or an app to play a click.

Yeah, and the ability to send the click to a desired output.

9 Likes

Abilit to assign a metronome to an output so I can practice or sync to a click live. Should be able to assign output so that the tick stays on headphone when not waiting others to hear it. Should be able to sync delays to this this as well and to change the tones or sounds of the tick.

3 Likes

There was another wish list item for a robust drum machine, but Iā€™m a fan of a simple metronome. I was stoked when FAS added it. Itā€™s super nice to be able to just reach over and turn it up if you need to practice something or whatever. I like your idea of being able to route it. Iā€™m sure it would be syncā€™d to the master/preset tempo, which, presumably, your delays would also be syncā€™d to.

2 Likes

Admin please merge

2 Likes

@dan can these be merged together?

The drum machine would be an entirely other beast to develop and it seems there is popularity with a simple metronome. Would like to keep it separate in terms of voting :slight_smile:

consider this programmable metronome as a source of possible features.
itā€™s capable to play every possible rhythm combination and so it fits the needs of at least a part of the target group i assume.

http://jmmmp.github.io/clicktracker/

from there:

" The main goal of the software is to prepare a click track of any score, no matter how complex it is. It can also be used as a programmable metronome."

I know this request is already there, but I have some specific wishes.

• Metronome as part of a preset.
  • You can set the BPM in the preset
  • Choose between Audio or flashing light
  • As a click track, (audio or flashing light) continuously
  • Set the number of bars you want to hear or see before you start playing.
2 Likes

Superhappy with the new looper, Iā€™d say it was worth the wait!
However, some improvements Iā€™d love to see:

• a click
  • time signatures

What does everyone think?

4 Likes

I also already thought about that!
I practice with a metronome all the time, having that in the qc would be awesome!

This would be cool especially if you can assign it to itā€™s own output, ie, headphone only or one of the sends only.

2 Likes

I agree and I would love to have a kick drum sample as one of the ā€˜clicksā€™ as it is also cool for solo acoustic shows!

Hi, here are a few features Iā€™d be glad to see in a metronome:

• Being able to put different time signatures per measures, tempo map (ex: Measure 1: 10/8 Meas 2: 12/8 Meas 3: 10/8 Meas 4: 15/8 (it would be cool to be able to import midi rhythm track and also to save tempo maps/rhythm tracks on the quad cortex)

• Being able to choose from a library of sounds (high click, low click, voice, drum sound etcā€¦)

• Selectable on beat and off beat sounds with separated volume control

• A good/fun/pleasing visual representation of the beats (when metronome page is open and a possibility to have a selectable mini always on display of the metronome when metronome page is closed)

• Selectable/programmable pre count.

• Possibility to sync or not sync with preset tempo. (may be useful if you change preset while metronome is on)

• Gradually increase speed (every x number of beats by x beats/min and/or tempo ratio)

• Mute/silent mode: being able to mute the metronome for a certain number of measures/beats, great to check if you keep time (on for x measures/beats, off for x measures/beats, on for x measures ā€¦)

• A timer to stop the metronome: easier to control practice time and be more effective avoiding to spend too much time in one tempo

2 Likes

For always on displayā€¦ see tap tempo light :wink:

for some of these other ideas (which I like btw), I think some could be done by creating a metronome block that you can put wherever you want. It could have samples loaded in (maybe even using IR storage space since they are both just wav files) and then you could also do creative routing if it was just a block output.

Just pinging to remind Neural that this would be very appreciated :smiley:

I am really shocked this feature is still missing. Especially when the looper is finally out. Itā€™s nice that you can quantize your recorded loop but without hearing the click it is kind of useless - unless you are using some external device of course. But then again that beats the purpose of ā€œall-in-oneā€ device imho.

With that said has anyone tried to connect metronome with midi input to the QC?

2 Likes

Anyone found some update on this topic? Itā€™s been a whileā€¦

I decided not to wait anymore and make my own IEM setup with Boss DB-90 (the only metronome I found with midi input). Itā€™s not cheap solution but well I really need it for the looper stuff.

Please add a simple, built-in metronome so there would be no need to for any other pedal/device/software practicing.

You might be able to use your phone into the USB input for this. Maybe even use an iPhone app like Rock DM to use drum loops instead of a metronome to make practice more interesting and realistic.

1 Like