Honeymoon Phase ends how do I feel now?

I’ve moved on to a phase in which I haven’t actually looked at the interface or changed any settings in a while. I’ve found a preset I like. I just flip the switch and play.

I’m sure I’ll start experimenting again with the new release, but I’m definitely not second guessing the QC at this point.

1 Like

Do the screws end up scratching the knobs? I’m close to pulling the trigger on those Mooer Shrooms, but the Solutek stuff looks pretty amazing

I have not looked since I put
them on but I m pretty sure they’ll be fine just don’t go so extremely tight so that they’ll dig in and that goes for any buttons. I do not like the mooer buttons . I just don’t like the looks of them. Everyone has different tastes though. I not only like the soluteks looks and rubber inserts they match perfectly.

Check out the 2 minute mark… :wink:

4 Likes

lol @spikey, you should read my post completely and not just the first sentence, as i explicitly explained my point based on exactly this video…
“These are pre produced shows triggering all changes via MIDI or they have guitar techs behind the stage pulling the strings. That was even explained by Kiko Loureiro himself in his QC setup video.”

There’s a newer video of Kiko and Keaton showing an updated setup (at around 3:25 in the video). They now use scenes that are covering almost all sounds he needs.
Yes, you are right, they switch by midi but nevertheless, I believe it would also be possible to switch these scenes on stage, if they wanted or needed.
https://youtu.be/luRdRfq4jQY

3 Likes

They are using the Box, and that in itself is enuff PR and tone-wise to own one for me. YMMV and that’s just fine.

4 Likes

Update no marks left from screws because Solutek uses rubber inserts.

Another update it’s been months and I still am not bored with the quad. I love it even more

1 Like

Haha! You nailed it! I am also disappointed that the QC does not tell me where to put my fingers on the guitar neck to form a F#m13.

1 Like

Funny, I had the UAFX Dream pedal and sent it back to Amazon after using it once at our church. I ended up getting the QC instead. I was very happy with the Dream, but was fascinated by the potential of the QC and how well it looks and its build quality. My needs are simple, but I do really like great tone as we all do. I do believe that getting in recently was good timing and the upcoming improvements will be enough for me to want to continue learning about this amazing unit and using it to the best of my abilities.

2 Likes

I’ve had the QC for a month now. I didn’t find the factory presets or captures good enough for my liking but I’ve found a ton of great captures from other people on the Cortex Cloud.

Today I captured some presets from my FM3 and somehow they sound even better on the QC. It’s crazy and I love it hahah :smiley:

2 Likes

Fractal feels like it is not loved anymore and just being used. :wink:

2 Likes

My experience was opposite, out of most modelers I have owned / tried etc., the QC has some of the best factory presets I have heard to date. YMMV :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Glad the FM3 captures turned out! Genuinely curious, which models did you not find to be accurate? Honestly the only one I’ve struggled with is the Mesa Red Modern… the bottom end is SO loose that it sounds like the speaker is blowing up! Most of the others seem pretty accurate to me (I’ve owned a few of the amps listed, several of the Fenders, a VoxAC30, Mesa Lonestar and Dual Rec).

Nope. It’s great.

Try blue ch. it’s great. Soldano great 2.0 tbh it already sounds and feels great. Always has tbh. Tweak it. I use humbuckers. Sounds great through a guitar cab and amp’s return fx.

1 Like

I’m just coming up on two weeks since I received mine so I’m still in the honeymoon phase. I don’t even want to leave the honeymoon suite. I’m having a s#!t-ton of fun with this little beast and am getting some great tones. It’s soooo easy and intuitive to navigate. Yes, there are a few features that I miss from my AX8 but I’ve found workarounds until they are addressed in future firmware updates.

Gotta go…my bride is calling…“coming honey!” :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yep it’s definitely fun. They were showing another modeler on utube and it just wasn’t as exciting and cool as the quad. It’s always calling me. You can spend a lot of time with it. So many options. Yet I don’t have to tweak for hrs. Playing not tweaking.

1 Like

Your left brain always has more fun when it’s not waiting around for your right brain to do its thang. :crazy_face: