Edit Gigview Names and Colors in Stomp Mode

With the additional option to assign multiple blocks to a footswith, it would be nice to be able to edit the name shown in Gigview, as opposed to seing “Multiple devices”, as it is shown now.

I second this. Great suggestion!

Yes. It’s a no brainer, must have.

Thank you for the nice update!!

+1
And color as well.

11 Likes

+1
I wonder how it can happen that this was not done directly. The whole function of toggling mutliple blocks is incomplete without the possibilities of proper naming and color coding

3 Likes

I do agree with you, but I would rather have the functionality now without the option for naming than have the functionality delayed until the renaming is implemented.

1 Like

I do find it surprising that this wasn’t included with the function addition.

Yeah, I’m already confused and we’ve only had the new stomp feature for two days :joy:

Here’s my gig view of my most used preset in Stomp mode. Two very different Tremolos. Which is which? What does F do? What about H? Hopefully I have this memorized or else I could get a stutter tremolo when I wanted a mellow country feeling one. Or a solo boost+ delay instead of some micro pitch shifts.

Being able to custom label these would make a world of difference.

7 Likes

Yep agree. Very happy to have the multi-block stomping now. Being able to edit name/color seems like the logical evolution.

I’m so stoked over the new functionality in stomp mode! I’ve been stomping pedals for years, and it’s hard to break old habits I guess :slight_smile:

I like me some scene mode too though. I like to toggle between them for different needs through the show, so being able to edit the names in gigview stomp mode would be very helpful to my old eyes and brain. I’m sure they plan to do this eventually but I’m voting anyways lol

Thanks again for an incredibly awesome update Doug, and Team!!!

Rename and color are obvious needs. I also think that parameters should be assignable as well. Helix does this with a min/max setting for a given parameter assigned to a stomp. This is very useful to turn up a volume or a gain when you hit a solo.

1 Like

+1
Custom names in stomp mode.
Custom coloring in stomp and scene mode.
Being able to see the colors dimmed when the stomp is off/scenes are inactive.
Being able to change the text size in gig view, to make short names bigger and easier/faster to read on the gig.

2 Likes

I use the stomp mode to just send midi CCs without switching an effect.
The name then remains empty in the gig view.
It would be nice if you could edit the name of a switch even if it doesn’t have a stomp effect assigned to it to see immediately what midi action is bound to the switch.

This is a great suggestion. Especially, now that we have Hybrid Mode it’s even more obvious. We can edit the Scene name in the Scene block, but we’re stuck with the name of the effect or “multiple devices” on the Stomp row. Thank you NDSP for CorOS 2.0. Please put this tweak in the next update.

+1 for custom names in stomp mode (for single AND multiple pedal stomp assignments)

With the additions that @KarlAnnmo mentioned:

• Custom coloring in stomp and scene mode. (a must have. i cant understand why nobody at neural came up with this idea, it’s nothing new or groundbreaking… more of a industry standard, maybe they need to hire an UX expert for their team to not overlook essential stuff like this in the future)
  • Being able to see the colors dimmed when the stomp is off/scenes are inactive. (YES! Please! This is the absolutely best feature of the line6 helix products! This makes it so incredibly much easier to see in the dark which inactive footswitch belongs to which scene / to which stomp assignment. And the inactive ones are usually those that you will be using next, so theres is at least, if not more, need to clearly identify the inactive ones as it is to identify the active one.)
  • Being able to change the text size in gig view, to make short names bigger and easier/faster to read on the gig. (Would be a nice addition to, while you are at it)

+1 Yes, FFS. Having 3 stomps all called “tape delay” is not in the least bit helpful. Helix and Fractal have had this for years.

1 Like

This request is still not completely done. Since the release of 2.1.0 it is indeed possible to rename multiple block stomps but assigning a color like it was added for scenes is still missing (and the default white is not helpful). Single block stomps can neither be renamed nor can they be color customized.

Also I would like to add to this request that it would be nice if stomp labels could also be centered and the switch names (A, B, C, …) be displayed in the background like it is the case for scenes. It looks prototype’ish in the current state with the UI elements all over the place.

Why does it seam like Neural often does not think feature additions / fixes through to the end and instead only does half of what is necessary? :frowning: Do they not use (or at least test) their own product?

4 Likes

Valid criticisms regarding the lack of uniformity in UI for the scenes and stomps. My guess is that scenes came first with stomps to follow. Not sure why they couldn’t release both at the same time. Might just have been whatever they could get done by a release date mandated by a product or project manager or someone even higher up the food chain. Or maybe they wanted to wait for feedback or bug reports before doing the second half of the work. Hopefully soon! When the release with the enhanced stomp block editing arrives, it should definitely include matching the look and editing process up for both scenes and stomps as much as possible.

Btw in the way of “feedback” or a feature request on what they have so far - one minor one. In addition to the fixed colors allow custom colors with some kind of color “wheel”, allowing an absurdly large number of color choices. Plenty of higher priority items to work on through and what they do have, will suffice.

1 Like

I have a preset where 4 switches are assigned to MIDI only messages and they appear like this, being able to name it would be very handy

3 Likes