Drum machine

I don 't care about their processes no matter if lean agile or whatever.

I bought a pedal board for 2000+ USD without looper and drum loops.

But most of the time I train and play alone with myselfe or play solo for friends in the living room.

So now I have to buy a drum computer and loop pedal to complete my setup… Very annoying.

And two times a week I have to carry arround all the shit to go to band rehearsal.

While the qc is bored with 20-30 % CPU usage…

1 Like

Just having an output assignable metronome would be great. This would simplify equipment during a practice session.

2 Likes

Something simple would be fine, something like the Digitech SDRUM would be better, or even just a storage area for Midi files, this is how I currently do it with the Digitech GNX4.

I’m actually baffled with the amount of people that don’t want to see a pretty basic feature in a nearly 2000$ unit.

I agree that OP’s solution is an overkill (though it would be a treat to have something like that - very good design), but having several click/drumbeat options that are synced with a looper and tap tempo is a must IMO.

One of main QC’s benefits is the ability to remove clutter in your setup. Adding additional looper/drum machine with its own power supply and a bunch of cables just makes everything messy. Why not use a regular pedalboard then…

Anyways, I really hope that Neural will bring this to QC at least in some basic form.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having access to drum beats with the looper on my acoustic gigs for sure! And if it’s going to be done I actually would like it to be somewhat customizable and advanced enough that it will be actually useful live to make creative and customizable stuff. A handful of cheap basic beats would personally just annoy me probably, and I would just get a separate drum machine then anyway.

I have no experience with drum machines live, but if one would appear on QC I would likely start using it

I don’t want it because as a software developer myself I know that this is not as basic as one might think. It would need a lot of time to implement it in a good way from the scratch. I personally don’t want neural to “waste” their current resources on this because it is by far not an important functionality in regards to what the QC is designed, marketed and used for. Let’s get everything else straight and finished and maybe after that think about optional stuff like this. But also then I would like to see more amps, effects, etc. being added instead of a drum machine for some living room sessions.

2 Likes

Well, it’s not easy, like any other software development, but not something that requires an enormous amount of R&D.

And, once again: it’s not some free open-source community or Patreon supported individual. It’s an established company with a rather long history of plugin production and the most expensive FX unit on the market.

Yes, OP’s solution is an overkill, but if some Chinese no-name brands can add a simple drumbeat feature to their units, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Or maybe it is, considering that QC’s marketed features are nearly 3 years late at this point.

1 Like

This is amazing. What a great explanation and writeup. I voted and you should too. AI drums is the wave of the future and this unit could definitely handle this feature!

How do I do this??

Web search it or check YouTube. I’m sure it’s on the internet. Ask in the QC discord support channel.

At least in the Looper there should be a click, metronome, or tempo setting that you can turn on and off as desired.

I don’t know if this was idea was proposed here but I’ll pitch it. Would be nice if there was a Sampler block. You load samples or loops you’d like to trig (from a footswitch or an external controller perhaps). In an acoustic performance you could trig a shaker loop and play a kick with your foot, A drum loop to practice with, a guitar harmony you could summon at the right time, a sound effect no one in the band has enough hands of feet to trigger.

There are already requests for both a full drum machine and also the ability to save/load loops into the looper.

I’d find them and get them voted on.

1 Like

Oh great! I’ll check it out! Thanks!