Does anyone use scenes within a single preset for gig?

I’m two 80’s hair bands and use one patch scene for 98% of the songs. I have a separate patch for a Van Halen song. Just uploaded it

Hi there, I use one preset and use the QC in stomp mode and an MC8 to change the scenes - works great for me.

+1.
Until now, I only need 4 different sounds which I can get from 2 different amp models in one single preset. Since every parameter is tweakable for every scene I can get basically anywhere with a high gain capture and a clean amp.
I’m using a Behringer FCB-1010 for switching sounds, this way I can program a row of switches for the different scenes and another for different presets. So in case I need more or special sounds for certain songs, I can switch presets (with another set of scenes) in between songs. Kind of the hybrid mode we’re waiting for with update 2.0.
That’s more possibilities than I’ll ever need.

I use one preset, 100%. I have three amps, clean, crunch, and one dialed in for boosted lead. I have scenes set up with combinations of effects, drives, amps for a select few songs with certain requirements, and the rest of the night I use stomp mode to add color when needed. I use a Morningstar MC6 to change the modes from scene to stomp when needed.

Working between scene and stomp like this is a little wonky though. It’s possible to jack up the save states of the stomps if not careful. I’m hoping the new hybrid mode will improve that, but for now it works great for me as long as I back out the way I came in :slight_smile: