Parallax extremely noisy

Hi,

I’m using Archetype Nolly as a plugin (with Reaper) with no issues, but I’ve just downloaded Parallax and will trial it, but I’m experiencing a huge amount of noise so much so, that it’s unusable. I never had issues with this before.

My PC is high spec and I’m using a Scarlett Solo as the audio interface (again no issues with Archetype Nolly). Any tips/tricks?

Cheers,
Jim

Hello @JimFoster. Is the noise caused by a drop in performance (crackling noise/audio dropouts)?

How is the CPU usage in comparison to the other Plug-Ins? Compare it with the Archetype: Nolly.

Parallax is a mess right now. It is noisy and screaches sometimes 40db louder. I have emailed Neural a number of times, they have admitted there is a problem and said they would eventually get to it. Frustrating, honestly.

Hi Gonzalo

CPU usage is the same as Archetype Nolly. However, I spent some time messing about yesterday - made some tweaks based on the documents you have about optimising for PC, reset audio devices etc and it seems to have improved. Not perfect (still a bit hissy/noisy - no crackles/pops) so I’ll keep playing around - thanks anyway.

@JimFoster Good to know that. Remember that you can contact us via email if you need further help. As @andrewjsmith0903 said, we’re aware of a specific bug that some users have experienced.

Hello, I use Parallax in a live application without noise issues. That being said, I’ve tried active pickups vs passive and I can say without a doubt the active pickups tend to hit the processors better than the passive and gives a better result. For some reason way less noisy with active than passive. Gate set at 55. Solid for finger, pick, and mute styles. Usually use a modified version of the bezerker preset. Thunderbird bass.

Hi. I have been using the Parallax plugin for a couple of months now. Only until the past week this has started to happen to me as well. I can’t find a pattern to the behavior though. It does seem to happen only after I load up a song with the plugin, or make a change that requires Logic Pro to reload plugins or audio.

It plays for about a half a second, and then it starts to screech at a maxed out volume. I now have to turn my monitors down and play a track with the plugin first before I start to play the song so I know the plugin won’t screech at me and I know it is safe to just play the song.

It would be really nice to have this issue addressed. Otherwise the plugin is awesome!

I am using Logic Pro X 10.6.1. Mac OS 11.2.3.

It seems to do it both on an audio track and also on a midi track.

Another update to this.

I’ve noticed that it doesn’t seem to do it with a midi track. Only on an audio track.

I’ve also noticed another issue. When using parallax plugin on a track. As soon as that track starts to play, something happens in Logic and all audio just stops working. I have to either restart logic, or change an audio setting so it resets the audio and then it plays again. It seems to do this randomly, but mostly on a freshly opened project it will do it once or twice in a row and then never do it again until you open another project later also using the plugin. It is super annoying.

I also have to say that I think this started happening after I updated to the latest mac osx version 11.2.3. I don’t recall it happening before and then it just started one day, and I can sort of correlate it to that, but not sure.